1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Karma is a cruel mistress, Seb. Hahaha

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Alonso has left the building :crackup:

4. fastedyamaha

It will be interesting to see what happens now that the tables have turned and Leclerc is hunting down the Mercs

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I don't get it? :)

6. fastedyamaha

I thought you were a huge Alonso fan? Anyways, not sure Leclerc can get past Hamilton unless it’s on the straight.

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

The Alonso comment, not the strategy comment, I get that. Unless LH's wheels fall off, it's his.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sebotage...

9. fastedyamaha

I understand the team orders bs but he was faster and not holding Leclerc up. He had a great start and Leclerc was doomed. Ferrari took care of it with his slow pit stop.

guy89zx7 likes this.
  10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I am? He is no longer racing in F1? While Alo is dreamy, I have been a fan of F1 for quite some time. I remember my Oma shouting at the TV at Schumacher, Germans are never satisfied, lol.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Random comment, the complete, coherent paragraphs coming out of Leclerc when he was angry at being not being let by while driving a Formula 1 car. Come on, man. :bow:

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

True and true, but Leclerc is Ferrari’s future and if they keep screwing him over, I could see him leaving.

13. fastedyamaha

Ferrari is his dream car, he’s only in his second year of F1. He’s not going anywhere. I’m not a Vettel fan but he’s still fast and capable of winning. Leclerc has shown his immaturity with all the whining he’s done lately. Ferrari told him to just race and let them handle things, and they did with the pit stop. He needs to take a cue from Verstappen and calm down and just race.

DrA5 likes this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

All of that kind of goes with being the young buck, trying to survive, and take over the herd.

Chuck could've just pulled partly over in front of Hamilton, and stalled Vittles. This just reminds me of the time Seb screwed Webber over. He's only a team player when it suits his result.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What? Whining? This guy is left and right brain all the way. Targeting fastest lap. The maturity on this guy is jaw dropping.

16. fastedyamaha

Yes he whined last race because Seb got in front of him via pit strategy. Then he said he wasn’t going to whine on the radio again. Fast forward to today and all he did was whine again. Vettel had a flyer of a start and was faster than Leclerc once he was out front. Hamilton had a horrible start and wasn’t going to pass Leclerc on the run to T1.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OK what you process as whining I process as competitive spirit. I like that. He is 21. He is driving the car. A F1 car. He is not some lackey driving a lorry to and fro. Ferrari should get some pushback, it is healthy, particularly for them, and it is always hard to transition to the new driver, it is not Seb's job to get out of the way.

18. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Why Ferrari overplanned is a bit ridiculous. As the overhead shown, Seb got a brilliant start and would have taken the lead no matter who was in front. All the pre-race chat was how Pole is not all that for Sochi. Any talk of a switch was waaaaaayyyyyyy to premature when they did it. Only if the red cars shot off in the distance with a 10 second gap, maybe then discuss the switch. Otherwise, is supposed to be a race and as Monza qualifying showed, maybe being in the front is not the best place. Any oval driver can tell you that.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

scottn likes this.
  20. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

That was a good read, I also thought he was out of his mind at the time. The best one, though:

For McLaren, losing their big-name star will hurt, but in Perez they are recruiting a potential future world champion” – Ann Gripper, Daily Mirror.

:crackup:

BigBird, Rico888 and Steeltoe like this.