1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

God I miss that sound!!

motion, r1owner, VFR#52 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Angry hornets on meth.

motion and VFR#52 like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I heard a F1 car in person the first time 20 years ago at Indy. Holy crap!!!! I couldn't believe how loud and amazing a tiny little engine could sound. These power units will never compare.

VFR#52 and r1owner like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

6. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

BigBird likes this.
  7. Tifosi

Tifosi Well-Known Member

That video added another perspective as to why Villeneuve takes so many swipes at Kubica. I had completely forgotten that Vil drove for BMW.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What a shame that the Williams is such a dump. I was hoping for much more for Kubica.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Tifosi

Tifosi Well-Known Member

Any thoughts or insight on Kubica's future?

I really wanted to see him do well, but he is almost always behind his teammate and the articles always read like he is complaining about the car rather than trying to rally team.

DrA5 likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The car may be junk, but he's not helping himself not keeping up with his rookie teammate. I don't see much future for him. That the injury might just be too much of a challenge for F1.

BigBird likes this.
  11. eggfooyoung

No, not from me. I'm a sideline fan at best.

Like Rihanna sings, shut up and drive!

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep. me too. And there was that spot just across the walking bridge were you could stand no more than about 15 feet from the track as they went under that bridge...they seemed close enough to touch.

cpettit likes this.
  13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

He on average seems to be a second behind Russell at the end of most sessions. I get the Williams being off the pace, but when you are still a second slower than your teammate, you are the problem. Great story and a once-great driver, but it's time for Williams to admit that Kubica 2.0 is a failure and they need to move on if they want to be off the back of the grid in the future.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

FTFY

15. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Why do you want less teams on the grid?

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

isn't there a max? aren't they taking up 2 spots that can potentially go to another team?

17. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

That does sound familiar, but I don't have an answer for that. Either way, I not under the impression that there are many teams beating down the doors to join F1 and even if there were, I'd imagine a team with as much knowledge as Williams would be involved regardless. Kind of like how the Merc team was formerly Brawn which was formerly Honda F1 which was BAR which was blah blah blah.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

^This.
    Not too many people/businesses with the kind of cash it takes to be out there without embarrassing themselves.

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Grid is limited to 26 cars. Any more than that, and we get pre-qualifyong.

I still think teams should be able to run a 3rd car for a wild card local driver with his...or Her, but probably his, own livery for whatever sponsorship he brings. They can either be eligible for points or his points paying spot will be skipped but anyone behind him, in the points get where they finish .

20. eggfooyoung

What's plan A for Ferrari?

Oh, Chuck letting Vittles by so he can't catch Lewis.