1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Amazing that a conversation from the last race seems like it is about this week's race. Like I said, those guys have earned everything that comes to them when the door closes at the start of the team meeting. They will be lucky to both have jobs next year.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I hope they keep the Viking, the frenchman can move on to Williams and take Kubicas seat.

DrA5 likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They can move him right out of F1. No need to make a stop at Williams on the way out. Plenty of young drivers I want to see in F1. :D

noles19 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

I have to believe that Gene wasn’t giving them any leeway and lo and behold - both Haas drivers are brain dead.
    Send them both packing with the Italian wonder boy as well.

5. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

What a shit show that Hamilton stop was.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Which Italian?

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Max showed maturity today, drove well.

DrA5 likes this.
  8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Exactly . A 1000 person team. They should have one engineer that is dedicated to staying on top of strategy that radios to the pit crew in the garage as to what compound goes on if a surprise stop occurs. That set is closest to them. When the data or weather change, he radios the next compound. They prep that set. All they are doing is watching the race anyway. If their driver gets outside a certain time window, the compound may change and that is the set they grab.

There is no reason a team at that level should have what happened to Hamilton today and to Ricciardo at Monaco in the past.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well considering it happened in the last corner and he drove across the track directly onto pit lane and could not get on the correct side of the baluster, not sure how the crew could have remotely been ready.

10. DrA5

You didn't read my post or you are not understanding my point. The engineer should have a tire compound decision set, and update as conditions and time gaps present. If you saw the chaos, they flipped back and forth at least twice . With a set decided as the race progresses and updated when indicated, they should be able to rip off the blankets and be ready even if he comes in with relatively short notice. They have GPS, radios and tv. They could have been more ready with the tires. The nose is another story.

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I agree, those teams should be ready for any situation. Every conceivable strategy should have already been mentioned, and practiced upon.

12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Lap times dictate tires in these conditions.
    Seems like no one was watching lap times or waited to see them before they made decision on tires.
    Hell of a race and the best man won out today.

Steven

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So the indecision on the tire choice was a moot point as it took a lengthy time to get the nose on. He was pretty much screwed when he slid of. I would take more issue with the decision to go to slicks on the prior change.

DrA5 likes this.
  14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

The nose change was where I thought they did a horrible job though. That should be like a code red (hospital not A few good men) scenario. I watched the replay again last night and most of the wheel guys are actually already in place waiting for him to stop so they had some time to prepare. One guy runs around the nose then kneels as if he's going to take it off but there is no one with spanners to undo it. Then some guys show up later all while the tire guys are waiting around. Then it looks like they put softs on. Then the camera guy follows some lost mechanic who I think was one of the lost nose guys. He goes over to a stack of inters who knocks it over trying to pull out one in the middle then he gives up and as the camera pans back they have the inters on the car and away LH goes.

With teams of people you'd think they would have nose guys that know exactly where the nose and nose change tools are.

DrA5 likes this.
  16. DrA5

I am a huge Bottas supporter, but if he gets pushed down to third overall in points at any time this season, he should be very worried. If he finishes lower than 3rd in points by the end of the season, he should be gone.

17. DrA5

Yeah, I still dislike the little smirking prick, but dang, he really did grow up since last year and is doing all the right things this year, minus his continued weaving on the straights when anyone is set to pass him.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So, you're Chuck LeClerke...

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Reduce downforce to the point of being a little more grippy than rains on a wet track. Make it a fun crash fest!

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

mike w and NemesisR6 like this.