1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The grid penalty shit for replacing car parts is the dumbest fucking thing in the whole sport right now. It should be team points that are deducted, the drivers have nothing to do with the component reliability.

Chino52405, BigBird, mike w and 3 others like this.
  3. DrA5

I have said that for years. It ruins the race when someone that should be at the front is docked a bunch of spots and cant pass on some tracks. We were always told that constructors only care about the constructor points, so that is where the issue of unreliability should hurt. Deduct constructor points for overages. It should not matter if the combined drivers points don't equal team points.

scottn and cpettit like this.
  4. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Pfft, I bet J7O coul still put his a$$ in a wall. It would be, however, the oldest child he's punted.

5. DrA5

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

McLaren confirms Sainz and Norris for 2020.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And Alonso weeps:D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You think he had any expectations of returning to F1? Never crossed my mind.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nah, more the fact that he has to have the worst luck changing/leaving teams out of any driver in F1 history. Just when the McLaren seems to be finding their groove...

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

More like Esteban Ocon

11. DrA5

Oh, there is full on stupidity going on over on some of the forum boards and F1 FB groups. Stuff like Vettel to retire, Ferrari brings back Alonso, Ocon going to Red Bull as they drop Gasley, or I have even seen a lot of talk of Ricciardo going back to Red Bull and then Ocon going to Renault. It's all bored mindless speculation that leaves out common sense and burned bridges. And I just gave it more stupid attention by even mentioning it here.

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So you are saying kind of like here? :D

DrA5 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

They probably got their money for the few races their name was on the car. Haas has deep pockets, I think!

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Has anyone, any where in the world, been able to find a can of the Rich Energy drink yet??

17. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Hahaha now they’re backtracking and saying that tweet was put out by a “rogue” employee on his own and he’s been fired! More likely, they read the fine print in the contract and realized they were unable to break the contract without being financially liable for the entire thing :beer:

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

More likely it's Storey himself putting out lie after lie.

20. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Dan to Ferrari, not Fred.