1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's awesome....should be good. He has created a lot of good attention from the F1 crowd.
    It was interesting what Michael Andretti said that maybe Kimi and Lewis might be the only drivers that would consider trying high speed oval racing. Most consider it too dangerous.

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

F1 "purse" payouts released for 2017.

THE FIGURES, AS REPORTED BY AUTOSPORT

1. Ferrari - $180m

2. Mercedes - $171m

3. Red Bull Racing - $161m

4. McLaren - $97m

5. Williams - $79m

6. Force India - $72m

7. Toro Rosso - $59m

8. Renault - $52m

9. Sauber - $49m

10. Haas - $19m

Read the full story from Autosport here: www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129388

3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

No wonder its the big guys then everyone else.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure it helps but that's not why they're faster, it's the other billion they're willing to put into the budget :D

Razr and noles19 like this.
  5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Hass also didnt get a very large check that everyone else did because it was their 1st year.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not all money. Toyota was spending the most money and never won a race.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed.

8. Pittenger5

Agreed, but chicken and the egg, if sauber or Reneault had an extra 100 mill, could they run high-midpack? Maybe. Could that get them extra sponsorships? Probably. Could Force India use an extra 100 mil and get podium level drivers/cars and get extra sponsorships, I think so. So I would say it plays a fairly significant role, just down the line.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You taking lessons from Crutchlow? :D

Razr likes this.
  10. Pittenger5

Forget Crutchlow, if I had talent and/or billions of dollars, I could be winning races!

11. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Or give kickbacks to officials to bend the application of the rules in your favor, like Ferrari ;)

An extra 68 mil in the LST column must be nice. What gets you that bonus? How long has Williams been around to only get 10 mil?

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah cause untill this year Ferrari has really been lighting the world on fire:crackup:

13. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Imagine how bad they'd be if they didn't have help at every grey rule application. Flexible wings, in race penalties, starting grid alignment, etc

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Wasn't it red bull that had the flex wings?

15. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

All teams have flexible wings, red bull and Ferrari just took it to the next level and forced the FIA to put a limit to aeroelastic bending.

Ferrari did have the mass damper though, but I look at that in the same vein as the double diffuser or f-duct - cleverly engineering around loop holes.

noles19 likes this.
  16. DrA5

Can you imagine the CFD that went into figuring out the location, length, angle of each one of these flicks on the new Ferrari rear diffusor???

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. DrA5

New T-wing elements too:

[​IMG]

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I bet if half of them get knocked off the driver couldnt tell lol

I guess if the T-wings are allowed only for this season they're going to use them to the max

19. DrA5

AMG gets a ton of updates- Shark fins have the drivers numbers, three character FIA abbreviation and country flag shading. The front gets a snow plow nose.

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  20. Pittenger5

OMG all that carbon fiber. Is this what a woman feels like when she walks into a jewelry store?