1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Do any of you know of a good site or blog for F1 news? ScarbsF1 used to be good but he went to a publication and barely updates his site anymore. I'm looking for something a la motomatters but biased more to the tech?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Fernando Alonso's car blew up on his first lap out of the garage today. When they lifted the car with a crane, it was pissing oil all over the pavement. It didn't even have time to get dirty. I've never seen used oil come out of an engine so clean.

TV commentator compared it to a cow taking a piss in a field. :D

Razr and noles19 like this.
  3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Not a "news" source by any means, the Formula1 reddit always has updates and tons of information.

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

7. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Well I gotta give it that announcer, that does look like a pissing cow stream.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Honda is failing at errythang these days.

9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

If only there were a Ferrari under that McLaren.

I must admit, my begruding respect for Alonso is slowly turning into genuine affection. I'd love to see him win at Indy and Le Mans.

10. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I don't know, leaving the track to go play tennis was a punk move. I don't care how bad things are,you stay at the track with your TEAM and you work on stuff. I am sure he could have done something with his engineers instead of fucking off. If one of my racers did that, I'd make sure they had time to play tennis every weekend instead of racing for me. He has burned every bridge with every team.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Overall, I agree, but the bs he's serving up is no worse than the bs he's being served by the team right now.

12. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Alonso P7! Lewis pole Vettel P2

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

So he went and played tennis to keep active instead of sitting around, he gets hate for it :confused:

Go look at all that data from the two turns you completed :confused:

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like tennis paid off.

15. DrA5

Buy an Assault Air Bike then for the track instead of going off site....

He has a teammate, he has testing data.... there is still stuff to discuss.......if you think all he has was two corners of data from FP1 to work from, you haven't been involved in racing.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I'm sure that he has tons of stuff he could look at. It's F1. Maybe , just maybe he needed to do something besides stare at a screen and talk to engineers. These guys train their ass off and when you complete two corners on top of an already stressful and frustrating two seasons, blowing the steam off with a work out doesn't seem like a bad idea. Sure didn't hurt him in QP. ;)

DrA5 likes this.
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The Honda and McLaren people have FAR more to look at than does Alonso.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Speaking of Alonso, he's going well at Indy, turned the 4th quickest speed yesterday at just over 231.
    233.7 was the quickest, rain has things delayed today.

19. DrA5

The Indy Alonso seems so much more at ease and happy than the F1 Alonso. Unless he gets a seat in the silver cars, I would not be surprised if he moves towards the Indy paddock next year.

Razr likes this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea he showed a lot of emotions over the weekend, especially during interviews, I was a bit surprised. He talked a lot about how intense it was while waiting for your turn to qualify, and how nervous he was. He said he felt like a rookie. He has a good chance of winning.

My brother is a part time spotter (Indy only) and usually works for Sam Schmidt, but has worked on quite a few other teams also. Over the past couple of months, he has received 4-5 calls about spotting. Two of the teams were Penske and Andretti (worked for them last year) He said they didn't' say which driver he might be working with, but those two teams picked up Alonso and Montoya to drive Indy. He said it would have been cool to work with Alonso, but already committed to Schmidt. He's not a fan of Montoya!