1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alvaro Bautista Crash Count (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Did he really crash twice in today's race?

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yep. Turn 6 of the first lap and then later on...

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wow. Lol

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Being serious here for a second. Why would a team manager sign him? I mean even on his best days he's rarely in the top ten and he destroys equipment, overworks the mechanics and send a budget into orbit. So what's the benefit?

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm guessing a boat load of money from his hair product sponsors.

Phl218 and Mot Okstef like this.
  6. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Has had a few moments of great riding in the past, but for a while really only consistent thing is crashing or not being top ten. A fair bit of non-points finishes.
    Seemed to be a decent contender about 5 years ago but not much since. Even then, only a 5th and 6th overall in points those years.

I don't know the inner workings and politics of MotoGP, but from an outsider it seems like they could have tried a rookie or two since then with at least same results... with more future potential.
    Folger's 2017 rookie season has more points than Bautista's last 4 years. Zarco's rookie season about nearly matches Bautistas best points year (178 vs 174).

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Valencia Test 2017
    Spectacular crash.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

That was nasty. The gearbox locked up.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That was a big one.

10. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I actually felt bad for him since this one wasn't really his fault. Hope he's not too banged up from that...:eek:

11. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

That was a strange looking getoff.

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Interesting quote from Mat Oxley:
    "MotoGP’s king crasher of 2017 retained his crown from 2016. Sam Lowes crashed his Aprilia RS-GP 31 times (not always his own fault, it should be noted), which was once more than he fell from his Kalex Moto2 bike the previous year. Next was Gresini Moto2 rider Jorge Navarro, who crashed his Kalex 30 times during 2017’s 18 race weekends; then Marc Márquez on 27, Alvaro Bautista on 26, Cal Crutchlow on 24, Sandro Cortese on 22 and Axel Pons and John McPhee on 20 each."

So, Marqy Mark crashed more than Bowlingball Bautista.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/motogp-2017-1126-crashes

13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to compare the crashes that ended their participation in a race. Marc's race ending crash tally was 2, maybe Alvaro's total was the inverse?

I thought that Marc was quoted as saying that he crashed "27 and a half times" counting the final race slide into (and out of) turn one.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Congrats Alvaro and missus:

Attached Files:

15. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

2XIDB.... :Putter:

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Crashing into there

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

2018 RD1 FP1.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Legit start to the season.

Banditracer and motoboy like this.
  19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Nice. She’s hot, good for homeboy. He better watch himself or she’s gonna whoop his ass, she’s got almost a foot on him. Lol and she’s probably only 5’5”.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sorry Alvaro, I've neglected you son.

French GP
    Qualifying crash
    Race crash