1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alvaro Bautista 2019 Win Count

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Feb 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Much, much worse. I guarantee that KW wouldn't have shown up at a 600 Supersport race with a stock RC-45 if they let him. Well, and if he was a grown-up back then. :D

2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Because Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda and BMW show up on the factory electronics package?

ducnut likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I have no idea if the RR, SP1, R1M or HP4 have the factory go fast harness.

4. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

All the wsbk bikes use Marelli. The price cap is $10k for electronics I believe. No one runs stock.

ducnut likes this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I avoided this thread since I still hadn't renewed my video pass. Now that I'm caught up I honestly don't see what the fuss is about. I'm sure it's been covered here, but the winning variable seems to be the rider rather than the bike.

Chaz won plenty of races on the old bike, which you could argue was more of a cheater than the current one. The battles between him and Rea are eerily familiar also.

Give credit where it's due. Bautista is riding the wheels off that thing and I'm pretty sure the results would have been the same on the old bike.

6. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Agreed. Much ado about the bike but Davies is all the evidence you need to shut that down.

JBraun likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, just like Stoner in '07? :D

busa99 and pscook like this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Exactly. Bautista and MM93 are, both, riding their bikes over the limits, every single lap. No one else is doing that on either grid and it shows in the results.

busa99 likes this.
  9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Not "just like." Similar in many ways. Bautista's rise to prominence this year is similar to Stoner's meteoric one in 2007 since in previous years both of them were chronic mid-packers and other riders on similar equipment don't seem to enjoy similar performance advantages. But Stoner's dominance in '07 was against a freshly wounded Rossi, who'd snatched defeat from the jaws of victory at Valencia during the previous season. Rossi went into that round with a handy 8 point lead over Hayden and it seemed over, but we saw how that played out. In spite of that you knew in your heart that Rossi was still the man to beat, but there was that chink in the armor.

By contrast, Johnny Rea had spent the last 5 years pretty much mopping up the field in every race. It had gotten so bad that WSBK tried to tie one hand behind his back with the ridiculous 8 grid position penalty for winning. Didn't matter, Rea still kicked ass week in and week out.

But WSBK 2019 isn't a competition. Johnny Rea used to be the schoolyard bully. Now Bautista is taking Rea's lunch money and making it look easy. He's Hulk Hogan in the kiddie pool.

BrianC636, flyingpig70 and ducnut like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, today marks an interesting point in the championship…

TX Joose, masshole, 418 and 2 others like this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think you meant to bump the Alvaro crash count thread.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

MotoGP riders are on another level. Y'all wouldn't understand.

ducnut likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I remember when he was going to win all the races this year. There will be some thread bumpage when the summer break arrives.

418 likes this.
  14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

As we’ve seen in the past, crashes can make or break a season. AB will get his shit together, soldier on, and will most likely still win the championship. *shields head from incoming rounds*

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That is not exactly what I would call a brave and bold statement. :D

ducnut likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  19. Steeltoe