1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alvaro Bautista 2019 Win Count

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Feb 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I believe Rea is good enough for MotoGP, not because what he's done on the Kawi but because of what he was able to do on the Honda.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Man, I can't remember when they were on the same team.

The Great One likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He might not have a choice if he wants to remain at Ducati.

"Hey-ah, Alvaro, you go back to motogp in 2020."
    "But, Ducati, I like it here. I win, the chicks are hot and all you can eat popcorn shrimp!"
    "You want a job, you go. Otherwise you can go to moriwaki Honder. . ."
    "I like popcorn shrimp but I go. I go."

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Dude, Yamaha(and probably others) would be breaking down his door to sign him.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shit, was that Lorenzo? Either way, it was on the factory Yamaha MotoGP team.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah but who would want to ride for Team Underwear II and Denning if they can help it.

8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I think it was Lorenzo, because he had to get it written into his contract to get the same parts as Rossi.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, I mean Lorenzo instead of Rossi. Spies is 100% in this story. I don't know any of Rossi's or Lorenzo's people.

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Name dropper :Poke::D

I do find that interesting as I don’t see Lorenzo pulling a Rossi like that.

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Ben was on the tech3 bike but I don’t remember it being a full factory bike like Rossi’s and Lorenzo’s. I could be wrong since it was a little bit ago.

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Very interesting. If Bautista’s contract were written anything like Stoner’s (the victory bonus cash reward amount compounds with each successive win), then it becomes logical, at least form an accounting perspective. Contrary to that, however, we do have to take into consideration the likelihood that Ducati Corse has budgeted a pile of cash to cover the cost of Alvaro’s many anticipates trips through the kitty litter. A savvy accountant would have weighed those two possibilities and, well ... umm, accounted for that.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He was on the factory bike for two seasons after Tech 3.

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This doesn’t make sense. Those bonuses are often paid for by insurance, not directly out of pocket. If Alvaro keeps dominating the field then I don’t the insurance will be cheap enough to be worth buying next year, but it should’ve been affordable this year. Also, if the guy is dominating the field on your bike you’re going to deliberately replace him with someone that wins less? That’s just retarded. Don’t write a performance contract that you can’t afford to pay if the guy constantly wins. That’s not hard.

15. SGVRider

If Stoner’s win bonuses compounded, I’m 99% certain they bought sports performance insurance to cover it. I don’t even see how this could be an issue if the company is competent.

16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

If some of your logic was real, Marquez would be on a KTM after all the winning he's done.

SGVRider likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No idea on the current contracts with the sponsors but some used to pay a bonus to the team above the base rate of their contract for race wins and added exposure.

18. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

But the "sponsor's worst nightmare" (so I've heard) is a winning racer who disappears off in the distance while the exciting battle is chronically for 2nd.

19. SGVRider

Yeah Repsol should’ve thrown his ass out and hired Loris Baz so they don’t have to pay win bonuses. Sounds like a great business strategy. :crackup:

20. And he swore that Yamaha deliberately sabotaged their multi-million Euro race program to „get“ him when he was on the factory team.