1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2024-2025 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

2. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I've always been on the fence about Dak - not a fan and not a hater...

There's no way Dallas should be favored over Philly this year - we lost what, like 10-11 starters and have replaced them with 1 aging LB and brought back a 4 years past prime RB while our best players seem to have no ceiling to get better.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We?

auminer likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Great choice for them. Cousins is good short term and once he's done Penix will be NFL ready. Love how people keep bitching about it tho... :crackup:

dtalbott likes this.
  5. younglion

You know, as a fan I include myself in all discussions around ownership like personnel, marketing, and the cheer squad. :p

dtalbott, HPPT and Banditracer like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was asking who you are a member of and why. Dallas?

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yup, the Green Bay faithful and Aaron Rogers were all put out and pouty when the Packers drafted Jordan Love in the first round. I'd say that worked out pretty well for everybody including Love.

8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Green Bay didn’t throw $180 million at an average quarterback a few months before drafting a 24 year old with the 8th pick. Penix could be good, but there’s no logic behind what they did.

If they think Cousins is good enough to get them somewhere (which he’s not btw), draft some defense or someone to help him. Dumbest pick ever.

dtalbott likes this.
  9. younglion

I’m not a member of anything football related, just a fan.
    Why Dallas? … as a kid my parents bought me a Dallas Cowboys jumbo pencil for Xmas and Montreal Canadiens mini jersey to hang in my bedroom and I’ve been a long suffering fan of both teams ever since.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I wonder how much input Ryan Pace had .

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When people say "we," they consider themselves unofficial members of the organization, consciously or not. :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, did Cousins touch you in a nono spot or something? :crackup:

At the time Ken was talking about Rogers made 50 million a year, more than the Falcons are paying Cousins which was only 100 mill guaranteed for the 4 years.

There is plenty of logic behind what they did. Just because you don't like Cousins for whatever reason doesn't really change that.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure he had some, it's his job. But Blank will always be able to overrule anyone if they can't explain themselves.

14. rwdfun

rwdfun

Yep, the logic is he has a network of people to dig up dirt on someone he needs to influence, then he blackmails them into giving him money he doesn't deserve. It's really the only explanation. :D

Thank sweet baby Jesus, my chosen team never gave him dirt to use. If I bet, I would bet that by the time Penix is ready to take the reins in Atlanta, you too will see the insanity in paying Cousins that money too.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Serious question - what is your problem with Cousins? I've watched him play for the Vikings for 4-5 years since the boss is a fan and I don't see any reason for the hate. Played really well in 22 and again 23 until he got hurt. The mediocrity prior to that was the entire team not just him.

Is it a hate Michigan thing?

16. rwdfun

rwdfun

Yes. Yes it is :D
    His journey to the NFL was forged on the Michigan football program shooting themselves in the foot during his MSU years. His whole career has been a myth.

However, if your QB needs all the pieces around him to be good to succeed then is he really worth top dollar? He also really didn't succeed at Minnesota. During his tenure, the team averaged a 9-7 record only winning their division in 2022 and promptly losing their 1st round home playoff game. Minnesota had finished 1st in their division 2 of the 3 years prior to his arrival so it's not like he made them better. They were a good team that, if he was worth the money, should've seen more success. His play cost his 1st head coach his job and rightfully so, O'Connell cut his losses before Kirk cost him his job too.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Had a feeling it was silly shit like that.

Like I said, I watched him at MN, I can't blame him for their record any more than I blame Matt Ryan for the Falcons (only some of it) or Boomer Esiason for the Bungles. I think Cousins is a great fit if the Falcons are serious about rebuilding a good team, him and Bijan are gonna be fun to watch :D

thrak410 likes this.
  18. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

That's put lesser men on the couch for 50 mins every week.

younglion likes this.
  19. younglion

I’m practising for when I get the call for MotoGP - all riders when asked say “we need to improve, we had a great test, we didn’t get the result we wanted..,”.
    My cell is always close in case Massimo, Gigi, Lin, Herve, or Pit wanna take a chance on a 50 year old former club racer with a Canadian passport.

HPPT likes this.
  20. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Rodgers is a hall of famer with 4 mvps and a ring. Cousins is barely over .500 in his career with one playoff win. I don’t dislike him, I just think he’s stolen more money than anyone in the NFL over the last decade. And as a Vikings fan I didn’t like how he never showed up in big games.