1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2024-2025 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 12, 2024.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Biggest flaw in the reasoning I see right off the bat is it would heavily dis-incentivise individual players to give their best, knowing that they are playing for a draft pick that might replace them.

But then again they might earn a trade to a team that didn't suck.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Now the talk is turning to who the Giants want for QB next season, Prescott or Cousins.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Steelers draft shaping up very nicely - the team is going to look totally different next season.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

dtalbott likes this.
  5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Yeah but I've heard from a certain mod here that total weekend attendance numbers don't count. 275,000 in the draft arena and estimated 400,000 total downtown for Thursday's 1st round beats most other NFL draft weekend totals though. They also had to shut down the entrances to the draft arena 1-2 hours before the draft started on Thursday and Friday because they were at the 275,000 capacity, otherwise it would've probably been closer to the 400,000 number in the draft arena. Can you tell the last time the Lions were winners was 60 years ago.

Only 200,000 weekend total in Jerry's world in 2018? I thought Texas did everything bigger.

BigBird likes this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I don't understand the whole "let's go watch the draft in person" thing.

Sabre699 and Banditracer like this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Just an excuse to party and act like an idiot.

A. Barrister, BigBird and brex like this.
  9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Looks like Kelce got paid and Zeke going back to the Cowboys on the cheap....

BigBird likes this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The numbers on contracts these days are fkn stoooopid.

Not hating the player, mind you, but the game is way out of hand.

Result is that an average Joe Blow with a family of 4 will never, ever be able to afford to take his family to see a game in person.

That kinda sucks.

Ninja edit: when he told his girlfriend about his big, new contract, she said, "That's cute, sweetie."

That’s perhaps even MORE effed up!

Banditracer and brex like this.
  11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

All In.jpg

younglion likes this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That is WAY too much for Kelce. In Reid's offense, any TE with serviceable athletic abilities would do just as well.
    Swap Kelce and Kittle, and watch Kittle take every record Kelce has. Easily.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Kittle would have the most annoying publicity whore girlfriend award, too?

brex likes this.
  14. younglion

My thoughts as a nobody - this is payback for the past 2 deals where he took discounts to make sure others got paid and they had a team built to go deep - otherwise, 100% agree - his best years are past him and he'll be a mid-level TE this year at best.

BigBird and brex like this.
  15. younglion

That didn't age well did it - Jerry is either a mastermind or a few bricks short of a load - I guess another 12-5 season with a first round knockout is in the cards.

I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan and it's gotta be payback for a previous life best I can figure... :)

R1Racer99 likes this.
  16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

OK, I was wrong. Never going to take that one.

17. dtalbott

Kelce only got 6%?

18. younglion

Huh?

19. dtalbott

6% of the current salary cap.

younglion likes this.
  20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Talking heads are saying this is the last year for Dak . We'll see .
    It's funny that they are still listed as 3rd best odds to win the NFC Championship .