1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega National/Sportsman Roll Call

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 14, 2012.

1. nantahala

nantahala Well-Known Member

Well, I'm out...

All packed up and got a call that the in-laws' house in Roakoke Rapids, NC was flooded this morning. They got over 7 inches of rain in a couple of hours which caused flash flooding and there's over 2 feet of water in their finished basement and garage. I'm repacking to head down there to clean everything out...

This sucks all around, but we'll catch up at Road Atlanta I guess.

I was really looking forward to seeing if I could finish a race without Palmer lapping me... :)

Matt

2. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

what happened during the endurance race

3. Bikes went around the track for 4 hours.

4. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

5. wcoats

wcoats Well-Known Member

I made it through the rider school and my first race weekend. I'll be back for Road Atlanta in October to finish out being a provisional novice. All I have to say is there is a big difference between track days and racing, and there are some crazy fast ppl in the novice C classes

6. wcoats

wcoats Well-Known Member

Where can I look up pictures from this weekend online? I remember them saying the name of a few websites to go to for getting pictures but I didn't remember to write them down

7. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=301402 :up:

8. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

9. Seeley

Seeley Well-Known Member

Will,
    If I had the luck you did on my first race weekend, having the right clip-on whacked forward in one practice, then the clutch lever torn off in a race, without crashing either time, I'd have probably just parked it and thought about a nice backgammon league.

See you at Ope's...

10. Weekend sucked for me. Transmission is shot in the R6. I had brought the 675 just to have some fun with my friends in the Twins class...but Sunday it was relegated to the primary bike because we couldnt get the R6 running.

I haven't ridden the 675 all year so it was foreign to me and it had shifting issues of its own. I was getting 1-3 false neutrals every lap (i ended up pitting in my last race because of it).

On the track, it was a suckass weekend. But the weather was great and it was good to see the big turnout.

I have to give a huge thanks to my Chief Mike Reed. He got up at 1:30am Sunday morning to go get a complete clutch for the R6. Got back in town/to the track at 5:30am and went to work installing it. We ultimately found out the problem is internal, but that is irrelevent. He definitely went above and beyond the call of duty.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  11. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

We had a great weekend. Great turn out and great weather. It was good to see our racing friends (new and old) after a long break.

This was my youngest boy Preston's first WERA weekend. He had a blast racing the minis. I was very proud to see how much Palmer helped him through the whole weekend. He took him around the track and showed him lines and helped with gear, etc. Good times!

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Good stuff, Hate i missed it.

13. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Great seeing you, Palmer and everyone as well. Perfect weather, going fast and having fun, doesn't get much better than that.

:)

14. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Palmer said it was fun riding with you in practice. Great to see you again!

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Isn't that the reason you got a second one? In case something like this happened… :Poke:

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

He sold it last weekend :(

17. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

LOL yeah he did! :cool:

Geaux Me!

18. Lora rides too and carrying 3 bikes plus all the gear got aggravating. I had only ridden that 2nd R6 once in like 8 months and that was because I was waiting on the other one to be built.

It seemed like a lot of hassle for something I didn't need so selling it made sense at the time. Obviously I'm regretting it now. :mad:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012