1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega National/Sportsman Roll Call

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I will ride in those D classes if somebody lets me borrow a bike. :D

2. twinrider71

twinrider71 Well-Known Member

NO....:eek: Your suppose to bump up a class...not down :crackup:

3. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Bringing something unique to this race that we direly need.... 7 spectators Sunday... on bikes.

4. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Need MR12 at Tally! Anyone selling?
    My local dealer usually has it. Called today and they are out.

5. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

check with MPH @

[email protected]

6. Yeah Chris Jensen is here and has some MR12 (and U4.4). He is pitted beside me with the Pirelli canopy and yellow truck.

7. Derrick1

Derrick1 Well-Known Member

I'll be there Saturday evening. Hopefully(if his bike is ready) with a buddy who has a generator. If not, will there be any power left and where should I pit to get said power?

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks for the info Chris. Could you get him to hold a can for me? I'll get in late tonight so I'll pick it up in the morning.
    Do you know how much it usually runs? 1st time buyer for my newish ride!

9. Tree-fiddy a can. :D

Nan I really don't know. I got a few cans this.morning and gave him my debit card while I messing with the bike. I forgot to ask. I can find out though.

10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I THINK it is like $80 for u4 and $130 for MR12?

Total guess, but that has to be within about $10 or so either way. I guess I really should know, but I dont. Wife takes care of all my money :eek:

11. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I want a lightweight endurance ride.

I have never gotten to ride a LW bike in anger. Seems fun

12. jim1000mc

jim1000mc james raffield

Hey Derrick , I will be there by Saturday ,the camp redneck racing STT trailer is already there. You are welcome to pit with me if you need power. See yaa there !

13. Derrick1

Derrick1 Well-Known Member

Hey..thanks Jim!...If my buddy doesn't make it, I'll definitely take you up on that.:bow:

14. nantahala

nantahala Well-Known Member

Would there be any chance of getting a registration and tech done Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday morning?

I'll be a one-man band, first race day at Talladega, new engine, and in the first practice group so it would be nice not to have to absolutely rush around first thing Sunday morning and possibly miss a practice.

Thanks!

Matt

15. Jamie_Murray

Jamie_Murray Can I has?

I'm in, I'll be there Sunday for both C's!

16. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

I doubt it since all the WERA folks will be working the 4 hour Endurance Race. Any how, Lots of folks will have already registered before Sunday so the line prolly won't be Huge and the track is fairly easy to learn so don't sweat that part. If you had a good friend/ pit biiatch/ etc.. maybe they could roll the bike over to tech for you and you meet them with the proper papers etc. Don't forget to fill out everything on your tech forms (like the VIN # etc.) that will cost you time. Take your liscense to registration and KNOW your transponder number....bring lotsa money to pay wera! ;-)) The registration is in the crazy cylindrical metal building that looks like a Nuke Silo! Tech is usually near the middle of all the pit area stuff (easy to spot.) You can do it! I am in the LW 1st practice as well. On the silver KTM expert #40 green canopy gold Chrysler Town and Country van. Come say hi Saturday Night.. If you need help with anything me and the old farts on the YO team and their pals will try to help. May even have some extra vittles cooked up. It's a fun little track. Drive safe on the way down from them thaaar Hills! Michael B.

17. mb4lunch

Oh.... and remember. There is a 1 hour time difference and if you get there on Saturday during the 4 hour you won't be able to cross the track to get in until the race is over at 5 bama time....(6 NC time) Unless maybe if there is a red flag situation and I'm hoping there will be none of that crap! We did 6 hours at Road Atl with no Red!!!

:rock:

18. nantahala

nantahala Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I didn't really hold too much hope of getting an off-schedule registration/tech, but it was more for scheduling purposes to decide to arrive before or after endurance. I'll probably just finish packing in the morning and head on down on a late schedule. Sunday morning will be fun... :|

Last time I was at Tally was around 1995 so it will be interesting to see the changes.

See you there.

Matt

19. mb4lunch

It's much better now! C-Ya