1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega EX250 Endurance updates

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Jun 22, 2010.

1. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Shamelessly stolen from Prof HH...

[​IMG]

2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

3. Huey130

4. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Any on board vids..? :D

5. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

I think we got the first 20 minutes or so. It ran out of life before Chuck did his acrobatics however.

6. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, if anybody got pics of that nonsense, i'd love to see them.

Thanks to Huey for a really fun event; sorry for causing the red flag.

7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Really glad you're OK man, that was scary looking.:wow:

8. Huey130

Like I said while up were lounging on the front straight: I think everyone needed the rest.

I'm way glad you're relatively ok! I saw every millisecond of it and I'm sore from just being a witness!

9. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I think I'll have a mental pic of you and the bike doing flips down the front straight for the rest of my life! Really glad you are ok!

10. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Thanks again Huey for putting this on! We had an awesome time, will be sure to be at the next one! Also, thanks to everyone that helped put this together, thanks to Stick and Bridgestone, Vortex, and Woodcraft. Thanks to WERA, Jeff and Huey for commentating the race! And thanks to everyone that raced!:beer:

11. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

That was David Wysong :crackup:
    We all had a blast :up:

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+eleventy beelliioon

I came out of the farmhouse and saw a rider in the middle of track that appeared to just be laying there. I thought someone was really hurt.

13. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

That was pretty crazy coming onto the front straight to see you laying on the ground in the spot..... the last time Ive seen that was when Chuck Ive high sided the R1 while it was raining during the endurance a couple years ago!!!

Although the pace is slower with the 250's and way less stressful to ride, Myself almost went into the grass a couple times not paying attention and goofing off... HA!

Also hard to belive that it is posible to high side a 250 !!!!

14. Alexdouble-R

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  15. Alexdouble-R

Agreed I came by and saw pieces of a bike and him on the ground! Glad we weren't racing the big bikes and I was able to slow down and go by it safely.
    Get well soon man :up:

16. Prof._HH

Prof._HH Well-Known Member

Who had the basket case for sale by the tower? Did it sell at the track?

17. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Thanks y'all, really glad to be able to walk away from that one.

18. Liren

Liren Sippy Cup Siren

Been there, done that, got the scar to prove it.

19. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

WOW!! What a great event! Congrats to the overall race winner Team SSP, and the older gen winners "3 Ninja's and a Mexican". :up:

What a eventful Sunday for us (Team TallyWackers).

We had rented an '08 from Kevin Nolde (www.rentmyninja.com). Went and picked the bike up early that morning and rode it to our pits with no problems. As time closed in on starting practice we filled up the tank to run all of morning practice to get a measure on fuel use. Sent our first guy (Luke) out and he did around 6 laps and pitted, stating the bike felt sluggish. Our second guy (Mike Q) then goes out and a 1/2 lap in the bike shuts off. Crash truck picks him up and brings back to pit.

From then on 'til about 30 minutes before the start of race Kevin, Mike, Jimmy work on the bike trying to find the problem. Keven removed/checked the carbs, spark plugs, etc., and all checked out okay. Drained some gas out, and it looked a bit cloudy and was found to have some water it it. It was unknown if the tank had water in it or the gas can? It was neither to begin with. Mike was talkin' with a team 2 pits down having the same problems with the older gen 250, and with speaking with them found they had purchased gas the same night before at the same Shell station, so it was bad gas. We drained the tank dry, while team members Jimmy & Luke set out to buy some more 93 octane from somewhere other than Shell :).

They return and we put a little gas in, and it seemed to start & run okay, although we were still nervous.

With the start approaching our Team (Luke, Jimmy, Mike, and I) had never been to Tally and Luke had 6 laps in practice & Mike had 1/2 a lap :( . It was Luke, Jimmy's, and Mikes first time ever riding a 250, and I luckily had 20 minutes on one at JenningsGP back in June :D. Luke hadn't ridden a bike in 20 months, and Jimmy hadn't ridden in 11 months.

Having watched E Superstock vids, and knowing these were 250's, I felt easy knowing we'd pick it up quick since it's pretty flowing track for the 250. I started the race (with no practice, and only 20 minutes prior time on a 250 back in June @ JGP) on the outside front row and got a "not so good" start, but wasn't a danger to a 15 bike grid ;). I fell back to about 11th or 12th, for the 1st lap, then settled in and picked off some bikes. I rode my first stint and pitted in in 8th place after 35 minutes to let Mike Q take over. My times camed down continuously during my stint and was running mid 13's.

Mike Q took over and rode a while and turned some low to mid 12's before pitting and Luke getting on the bike and ran 16's before pitting, and then Jimmy went out and put in some 18's.

Our second stints I ran down to the mid 12's, Mike low 12's, Luke got down to low 14's and Jimmy came down to 17's. Our fastest time was an 11.9 which we believe Mike Q ran.

We all agreed the gearing was a little off, and with the correct gearing, a little suspenison tuning on the rented bike, and some practice time, we could have ran some faster times, and finished higher.

I was proud of our team effort, and considering Luke & Jimmy's lack of any seat time for the months they've been off a bike.... we did well! :up: Next time out, ya'll better watch out for Team TallyWackers! :D

THANKS to Huey and all his staff for putting on the event. THANKS to the Talladega track personnel. THANKS to Faynisha, and all the cornerworkers for watching after us while on track. THANKS to ALL the race teams for racing clean and making it such an AWESOME event! :up:

Team TallyWackers THANKS JenningsGP for the sponsorship & Derek "Stickboy" for the Bridgestone tires.

We also THANK the sponsors/contigency for their support of this event.:clap:

20. Huey130

It's gone. ;)