1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk about a dead beat

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jan 12, 2020.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:My company? I work for a company that was assimilated by that group of cocksuckers. Their name is on the top of my W2 but I certainly do not identify as a Halliburton employee. The only exception is if I am talking to environmentalists and then I throw it out there to get a reaction. :D And I believe that the asbestos liability was acquired in a merger during Uncle Dicks tenure and nothing that the Evil Red Empire did. But since we are throwing stones here, doesn't "your company" make pretty much all of their money from stupid people in Big Education throwing money around like the party will never end?:Poke::D

IMO corporate debt and private debt are not really comparable and I still do not understand how giving away even more taxpayer money to stupid people is going to make things better. I would like to see things go the opposite direction with changes to corporate bankruptcy laws that hold executives and the BOD financially liable for a certain percentage of the loss. I would also like to see things changed to where assholes can not use LLC's to make bad decisions and hide assets. The individual in the article is definitely a stupid motherfucker and a douchebag for not taking responsibility though. Well educated perhaps but definitely stupid. The Navy is better off without morons like him and it hurts my heart to know that pieces of shit like that are being rewarded for bad decisions.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yes and it is glorious. :) 13 days into the new year and I'm already at $3mil.

FYI: My company filed in 2010 so I am in a nice, shiny glass house.

I totally agree with you on this guy. He is a turd.

crashman likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, the hypocrisy! Starting 2020 with a bang. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

There are two kinds of people in nature: those with a W2 that says Halliburton at the top, and those without. Nobody cares what you "identify" as, you fucking snowflake. :crackup:

scottn and G 97 like this.
  4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Jeeze, use a word for brevity to avoid a TLDR post and there is HPPT hiding around the corner looking for something to spin. You almost need to be a lawyer to avoid the pitfalls. :D

To clarify, there are group of us that were here for the merger that still refer to our product service line by its former name, were not part of the product service line that was involved in the asbestos lawsuit and still try to do our jobs in an intelligent, efficient manner (with lots of beeb breaks) instead of the bloated bureaucratic nightmare that is the way Big Red wants us to stumble thru our day. Better?:D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Never. :D

You know damn well that there are certain words that you, in particular, can never use around me (offended, identify, etc.) or else I will blast you out of the sky with no mercy. I like the idea that you have to look over your shoulder and walk on eggshells whenever you post. :crackup:

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I just want you to know I hold you directly responsible for my dad's early demise.
    He was a disabled vet, for Gawd's sake, and he loved kittens and puppies.
    You stole my future! How dare you?

how dare you.png

I want revenge.

Nothing personal, you understand, just business.

crashman likes this.
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Obviously I don't as you seem to catch me using a "snowflake" word every couple of months.

And since I know that you enjoy semantically kicking people in the ribs whenever you can and acknowledge that you are using my poor word choice against me the best I can do for a comeback is "Fuck you Papa!":D

HPPT likes this.
  8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

For revenge I would probably send someone to bust me up. A lawsuit would be a waste of time as it would not really get you much.

Alternately, you could just send me a pre TC superbike and I would likely bust myself up...:D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We both know it has nothing to do with poor word choice. :D

crashman likes this.
  10. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

That would be an extremely unlikely outcome. From a numbers perspective, with limited exceptions, the vast majority of the student loan crises is related to just a handful of for-profit universities which manipulated their way into Title IV qualifications. While less than few percentage points of the student body on a national level, they account for over 98% of the financial aid fraud, and the overwhelmingly bulk of the student loan crisis. While there are exceptions and ethnicity variations, the traditional college bound student who attends a regionally accredited non-profit university does not default or experience a student loan crisis. This is a huge issue that is being addressed by the Department of Education as the numbers were simply terrifying. They have a number of regulations that are going into effect to treat for-profit institutions very differently than non-profit institutions, because of this. A number of the for-profits have attempted to skirt this, by transferring institutional ownership into a non-profit, which is beholden to a long-term management contract by the previous for-profit management team. These have so far almost all been shot down exceptionally hard and been called out for it. While there are certainly problems with higher education funding, tuition, textbooks, etc. A smart student who navigates the system can still get through a solid and respectable university education, without relying on rich relatives or being overwhelmed with student loans upon completion. The greatest challenge though, is often navigating that is extremely challenging, particularly for those who don't have a family network to advise them on it. They're also barraged with questionable information by those they'll most likely seek out for advise.

This essentially was recently addressed in changes to the Title IV program. Unfortunately the changes were quickly rescinded due a number of for-profit institutions declaring that it would shut down their operations, and they had lobbyists and DeVos. The Department of Education administration, political appointees, have changed their position though after being faced with the facts and a very public resignation. Some of it is being readdressed in the changes to regulations I mentioned above. A number of the major for-profits are scrambling to reposition themselves, sellout, and toss some Hail Mary lobby attempts. It's not a perfect solution by any means, long term we will need to address the current student loan crises in some manner.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020