1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take this for what you want

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave K, Oct 4, 2004.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Does time targeting Iraq count? :D

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

That whole 1 degree thread was way too funny. IYC and Putter: Demented minds think alike.:p I had coffee come out my nose again.:D

DaveK, you need to cheer up -wtf is wrong with you these days?

4. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

In theory DaveK, you are right. The ONLY people who get to argue this shit are those that have the right to actually vote - no one else's opinion means shit.

HOWEVER, the US is not like any other country. The US is totally dominant on the world stage. Other countires will be DIRECTLY affected by the outcome of the election. This is not the case with ANY other country (who cares who runs Spain say).

So what can a foreigner do?
    - Well he can't Vote - he's not American.
    - He could go round all his friends at home and tell them what he thinks of the US, but that doesnt do any good either.
    - OR - he could speak to Americans directy, on a politics forum, in the US, in the hope of persuading them to vote one way or the other.

CONSIDER THIS: There are alot of lurkers here. Maybe, just maybe, Robert has managed to convince a single lurker to vote Kerry instead of Bush. It's as though Robert is suddenly a US citizen - he has affected the vote, and its not even his country.

5. Shyster d'Oil

I got you confused with anothr right wing nut bag. Sorry!!!:D

And I can hear the Priest to the kneeling paarishioners at communion in the Church of Clinton: "Body of Bill. Body of Bill. Body of Bill. . . . "

I should write for SNL - I slay me!!

6. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

I had my bag packed and was waiting for the boat down at LeJeune in 91 but Saddam's army set a world record defeat time.

7. kmfegan

You just made the argument for Robert not posting here.

8. Shyster d'Oil

But it is OK for Peekay to post?

9. MarkB

I'm not jugding wether he should post or not.

- From his point of view - its a very direct way of actually effecting the election outcome. He could spend all his time on some Canadian politics site, arguing the same stuff, but affecting nothing.

- From your point of view, he's a meddling interferrance.

BOTH POINTS OF VIEW ARE VALID. Ultimatly, if he speaks words of reason, then what does anyone have to fear??

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mark, in theory, yes.

It's like me continuously posting on what England should do with the people on the Dole and what they should do with their troops in Northern Ireland. After time you'd get sick of hearing it.

I've said before it's not my BBS and as such I can't (and wouldn't) control who posts here. Just don't expect me to listen anymore.

11. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Nobody mentioned U.S. politics when I traveled in England and Germany two weeks ago. ;) I think your reading too much into this BBS Dave.

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Bu the thing is the American people should be electing a president based on how that person can make a better life for the people of the U.S. I really do not care how someone from another country feels the election will effect them. Yes we are in a "global comunity" (gawd I hat that term), but Americans should only be focused on how the president will protect our saftey and interests in that community.

Anybody that let a person that has no real vested interest influence their decision is a sucker.

13. Shyster d'Oil

Will you tune out Peekay as well?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Depends.

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

none of this shit rhymes at all. come on people, get on the ball.

16. MarkB

DAVE - my point is not to say they should or shouldnt. I am simply suprised that with so much global intrest in this election, that hundreds of other foreigners are not posting on here. I'm amazed it is just these few.

I mean, seriosuly. Say you are a radical in London, wtf are you wasting time telling your leftie-commie mates what you think. Far more effective to join WERA's BBS and post in the P&R section in the hopes of persuading Bush voters to vote Kerry.

Don't blame them - just be thankfull there aren't more of them. THAT was my point.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  17. MarkB

Reason is reason, fact is fact, truth is truth. A Canadian is as capable as an American at making an argument - why does it matter, so long as its content is true?

Or are they incapable of making a true argument, BECAUSE they are foreign?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lawyers suck, gotta go, I'm stealing an ice cream truck.

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

it's simple really. it's like someone without children telling you how to raise yours. canadians are stinky smelly whores.

20. kmfegan

For the most part I do not care who posts and would love to see more people post in this forum.

It is the way of the world. All foreigners do is become experts on what is wrong with America and what America should do. Then they come over here to steal the American dream and bad mouth America. That way there they do not have to focus on their own shit hole they abandon so they come here.