1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syria

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Apr 6, 2017.

1. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Vlad's iphone.

Attached Files:

Focker and G 97 like this.
  2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Don't take what I said as agreeing with it, I do not, just saying what is

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Dude, Trump and Tillerson are in Putin's pocket. Russian influence and shit. No way they'd allow that pipeline to happen.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, would rather have seen some B-52's dropping some 2,000lbs JDAM's, yo know, keeping it old school. :flag:

On a lighter note I wonder what went thru China President XI mind when, just after dinner and turning in for the night - exchanging pleasantries..... Trump informs him, "Oh BTW, we just fired 59 Tomahawks into Syria, well goodnight and I'm looking forward to starting our negotiations in the morning". :crackup:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    ringdingding and scottn like this.
  5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

And that is what Isis has been doing, crowding civilians into an area and then trying to provoke an attack.

6. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Dude, you're wrong

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think he was being sarcastic. :)

8. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

My mistake, I didn't catch it

9. Resident Plarp

Total sarcasm. Forgot the smiley.

So, here ya go (M. Brad style)!

:D :D :D

10. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

We (the world as a whole) have the responsibility to take action against tyrants, especially when they carryout genocides and attacks directly targeting civilians.

As a society (the world, not just western world) should still feel ashamed at the atrocities committed in Rwanda.

cpettit likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like it. Someone has to do it and we have the ability and people trained to take care of the bad guys. Only issue is the politicians not letting them finish things...

R Acree likes this.
  12. Resident Plarp

And sod it, while we're at it - let's send a bunch of protesters over to Syria. They can rally against Assad and co. with signs and sit-in demonstrations. It'll totally be worth it.

R Acree and cav115 like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We should bomb them.

I love how the excuse for not punishing people for doing bad is "well, we don't punish everyone everywhere". Tough shit, gotta start somewhere.

Focker and cav115 like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Every last one of them learns different when they're in the office themselves. Obama was a huge peacenic too when he was campaigning.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What smoke? Of course those guys met with Russians before Trump was elected. That isn't any indication of some sort of collusion. They met with people from many many countries during the election - why no bitching about the influence from them too? The russia thing is just idiotic as a whole. Did they try to influence things? Of course they did. Did they influence things? Nope. Should it matter to anyone? Nope.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. And I'm still good with going into Darfur and the like and taking out some fucked up warlords. Bomb them or send in special forces peeps - whatever works best for the situation.

17. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

if none of it matters, then why is there an investigation? why did Flynn resign? why did Sessions recuse himself? why did Nunes just remove himself from the investigation and is now being investigated for ethics violations.. i'm not saying there was collusion or making any accusations, but these things can't be all theater. or maybe they are, who the f@ck knows anymore.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because politics.

19. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

What a difference a few years makes:

1) Donald Dolt45 Trump: "Now that Obama's poll numbers are in a tail spin, watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate".
    "If the US attacks Syria and hits the wrong targets, killing civilians, there will be worldwide hell to pay. Stay away and fix broken US".
    "The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria- big mistake if he does not".
    "What I'm saying is stay out of Syria".

2) Representative Paul Ryan (R Wisconsin) "Obama's proposed military strike cannot achieve its stated objectives, and could make things worse".

3) Representative Jason Chaffetz (R Utah) "I will oppose the use of force in Syria on the grounds that I see no clear and present danger to the Unites States that would justify using force".

4) Representative Marshs Blackburn (R Tennessee) "I will oppose Obama's airstrike".

5) Senator Marco Rubio (R Florida) "I have long argued forcefully for engagement in empowering the Syrian people, I have never supported the use of US military force in the conflict".

6) Senator Orin Hatch, (R Utah) "I have strong reservation about authorizing the use of force against Syria".

7) Representative Pete Olsen (R Texas) Cited his experience and a Navy veteran for opposing the use of force against Syria in 2013. Now, however, he is cheering on Trump by praising him for "doing what Obama would not".

8) Representative Robert Aderholt (R Alabama) Thursday nigh gushed about Trump's airstrike but in 2013 worried that "Obama had not done enough to seek a diplomatic solution to the crisis".

9) Representative Larry Buschon (R Indiana) Opposed intervention in Syria in 2013 on the grounds that "I haven't met a single person in my District who believes we should fire missiles into Syria".

10) Senator Cory Gardener (R Colorado) In 2013, expressed skepticism of striking Syria and argued that "I don't see a compelling and vital national interest in such an attack". On Thursday evening he called Trump's strike on Syria "long over-due action".

There's a common theme here. When Barack Obama went to Congress to get the authorization to deal with Bashar Al-Assad, not a single Republican was willing to support him. Oh, they're all for the strike now, trying to hide behind the "OUTRAGE!" over the gas attack that just a week ago they were all claiming didn't happen and were denouncing any reports of such as "FAKE NEWS!". Perhaps if those petty obstructionists had listened to President Obama back in 2013, there wouldn't have been an Assad to launch a gas attack in 2017. Not that any of them, or any RWNJ in the nation would ever have the honesty to own up to it now. I can't help but laugh at all the commentary about Obama being too weak to do anything in the past when it was Obama that was ready to eliminate this threat four years ago. Must be nice to live in the alternate bubble world.

20. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

yeah, well wasn't Trump supposed to be different? it is the same old political bs, but just a different administration.. none of us know anything, all we can go off of is what is being reported, which is also politically motivated bs.

it doesn't seem possible to get actual facts that aren't skewed by the agenda of the people or organization reporting them these days. frustrating...

toybm likes this.