1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syria

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Apr 6, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So we just started airstrikes it looks like.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fake news. :Poke:

3. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

50ish tomahawks. just a nice message to say stop being a barbarian.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I understand the nerve gas outrage, but a lot of people seem way too comfortable with civilian casualties from US drone strikes to feign such repulsion at the Syrian government.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  5. turtlecreek

these strikes were at a military base.

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Well then, how many years ago was that red line crossed?

Shenanigans likes this.
  7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

It was 59 Tomahawks in 60 seconds. The Pentagon said there were Russians on the base, we gave them a warning to leave.

Hollywood likes this.
  8. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

You don't think civilians work at military bases? Fuck that whole neck of the woods, so far it's been a cluster fuck. I'm so tired of being the worlds police...

kangasj likes this.
  9. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

We are fucked.
    I am scared about where this is headed.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  10. turtlecreek

not quite the same as hitting, say, a hospital. :)

11. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Most military bases have hospitals but I totally agree with what you're getting at.

12. turtlecreek

ain't going no where. Trump is just letting them know he ain't skeered after years of willy the wimp doing group hugs to stop things.

cav115 likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I can't see how Russia could ethically defend Syria dropping Sarin gas onto innocent civilians. Use of the gas in and of itself is a war crime isn't it?

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

We told them that we were going to bomb it before we did. There were Russians on the base. I doubt there were any casualties.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think his point was that we don't mind raining death from the sky on civilians who happen to be near someone we want to kill with a drone. Add up all of Obama's incidental drone victims and I'm sure it's far more than were killed in the sarin attack.
    Let's not forget that atrocities as bad as this, including against children, happen all the time on the African continent and in the ME.
    Hacking villagers to death with machetes seems to be popular in some places, and we don't bomb them.

rk97 likes this.
  16. turtlecreek

sooooo, what if Trump did this to hide his excellent relationship with the Russians.

17. pickled egg

Then he shoulda pitched Maxine Waters and Chuck Schumer at Syria instead of a racially insensitive-named weapon of mass distraction. :moon:

turtlecreek likes this.
  18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

This morning, the CBS morning show was classic war mongering and the presentation of an evil dictator (that wasn't evil just a few days ago), all to prep the population to war . We got the same talking head BS just prior to Iraq.

I figured strikes within the week; was off a bit.....

We're off to another proxy war, we haven't had one of those in a while.

t500racer and SnacktimeKC like this.
  19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't moment. Personally, I lean more to "if you do". This is one of the things that started us in Iraq originally and while it may have been well intended, it has been a cluster fuck since the take down of Saddam Hussein. Our military will do its job once again, hopefully without casualties this time. I think the president got bad advise on this one. I'm sure the idiot duo of John McCain and Lindsey Graham are giddy today.

20. pickled egg

Eh, I dunno.

I'm a vehement anti-interventionalist, but given the limp wristed actions of his predecessor, I think maybe swinging the big stick early and strong may be what's needed to reassert our being the big dawg on the block.

Strike hard, kick ass, go have a beer. Repeat until the morons learn that fucking with us is a sure fire ticket to Valhalla.

Orvis, XFBO and cav115 like this.