1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 2003 Sharkskinz bodywork

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by playdough, Jun 9, 2017.

1. playdough

playdough Well-Known Member

I have a set of SV650 Sharkskinz bodywork for sale located in SoCal.

As you know, these crash very well. They have been down, but repaired. Needs primer and paint.

Includes Upper, Lower, tail, windscreen, and crunched by not leaking fuel tank. I will also throw in a spare Sharkskinz tail that I never used but it needs patching.

I don't want to ship it.

Price $400.00

Attached Files:

2. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

Still have body? Where in socal are you? Im in south oc

<><

3. playdough

Yes. I still have all of it. Located in Long Beach or Pasadena whichever is more convenient

4. Cobalt Coupe

Cobalt Coupe Well-Known Member

Too bad you are 1/2 way across the country........

5. Chaplain45

Any pictures with then on the bike.

<><

6. playdough

P

Attached Files:

7. playdough

Looking for more photos

8. playdough

I hardly used the lower (because pitbike) :)

9. Chaplain45

What's your weekend look like?

<><

10. playdough

I'll PM you my number. Give me a call. I can't do Saturday afternoon.

11. playdough

View attachment 132119 View attachment 132118 View attachment 132120 View attachment 132121 View attachment 132118 View attachment 132119 View attachment 132120 View attachment 132121

Attached Files:

12. playdough

Bump! Still for sale. I haven't been very motivated to sell...price drop $350

13. Cobalt Coupe

Sure you don't want to ship all this stuff ? But then again, by the time I pay shipping, it wouldn't be such a good deal cause the cost would go up quite a bit. If you would ship, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and we go from there.

Thanks

14. playdough

Yeah, shipping would be expensive, a pain, and not to mention finding boxes for it all. So, I am going to stick with my no shipping policy for now.

Thanks for the interest. I wish I lived closer to you.

15. Cobalt Coupe

Okay, I understand. I'm selling my R1 Sharkskinz and dealing with the shipping is going to be a big PITA, but anyone that wants them is far from being local, so I'm going to have to deal with it.
    Thanks anyway

16. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

One box as small as possible and it's usually between $60-100 for shipping

playdough likes this.
  17. Cobalt Coupe

Yes, realistically $90 - $120 anyway depending on how far it's going, but forget about UPS or FEDEX, they are in the $240 - 300 range. Greyhound bus is the way to go, at least I hope so I just sent a set of fairings with them.

18. Dimitry Louis

Dimitry Louis Sabotage

Not true, I ship fairings at the UPS customer counter all the time, they cost around $60-$100... Size and weight is what drives the cost...

19. Cobalt Coupe

Not true ??? Well, I've been selling and shipping stuff with UPS and FedEx for a long time, and when you have a box that is 40" x 30" x 28" that weighs almost 50#s, and want to ship it across the country, it's well over the $230 /240 mark. I know, I did it online and at the UPS / FEDEX counter just to confirm and the counter was actually higher than the online quotes I came up with, which is why I went the Greyhound way.

And if you are wondering why such a big heavy box, the tank was included and if you pack the stuff well to insure a safe ride that's what it takes. Believe me, I tried to keep it as small and light as possible. You are obviously correct, that size and weight is what drives up the cost.

On another note, I just got a new/used race suit and the guy sent me the tracking / receipt for shipping and it was almost $35 just to ship a suit, so how anyone thinks they will ship a full set of race bodywork, especially with the tank UPS or FEDEX for anywhere near $60 is beyond me. IMO shipping rates are absolutely ridiculous nowadays.

playdough likes this.
  20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I just had ebay race bodywork for the RSV4 (minus the tank) shipped from Peru to Ohio for $110. 36" x 21" x 22".
    Maybe ship the tank separate?

I would never go to a UPS store. They are franchised out and have crazy high prices.

YMMV of course, but I ship a lot and FEDEX online, and for me is by far the cheapest. The insurance being factored into whatever the 'claimed value' amount is of your item is a cool feature too.