1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV - GSXR Front/Rear rotors

Discussion in 'General' started by Kendall, Dec 10, 2001.

1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Law of Diminising Returns.

Are you taxing the stock ones that much that you need to dump resources into changes?

What is the long term objective of this front end?

2. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

To out run Steve Clark of course.....

couldn't resist.

3. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

I agree it would be money better spent on track days. I can't say I'm "taxing" it enough to justify it at all. I have had bumps (like at CMP) cause me to loose traction on edge, but I can't say I'm experienced enough to blame myself or the suspension. I should have used my usual, less bumpy line. All I can say is I can't remember doing anything "wrong". My forks were overdue for an oil change, which could have contributed to my problems, but I don't know.
    I imagine the objective in any front end project like this for me (if I were to be serious in doing it) would be improvement of the suspension performance, get more adjustability from track to track, and maybe improved braking. The stock SV had the worse front end I have experience on a modern sportbike, and are vastly improved by the mods we spoke of. I was thinking there is room for more improvement by moving to a more sophisticated (read: expensive) suspension setup. The brakes seem fine if you ask me!

Im just curious as to what options are out there and if anyone had an opinion on it.

Lee Fields
    LEEnSV ex #884

4. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Just lazy, they don't want to have to take the bloody forks apart everytime they want to adjust the things... [​IMG]

5. WERA82

Yeah, that's it! Not to mention the rest of you SV freaks.... [​IMG]

LEEnSV ex #884

6. Kendall

Lee I noticed your # has changed to 884....I assume 881 was already taken by some other expert? Maybe I'm loosing my mind but I thought you were #881....

7. WERA82

Na, your mind is still good. They changed it. I guess someone else already had it. Oh well, maybe they'll get the contingency money I never got...LoL.

Remember, the rider makes the number, not the other way around. Got my work cut out for me!

You going to the track days in Jan down at NFMP?

LEEnSV ex #884

8. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

I have to say....Falt rode very well. Damn scrawny guy!!! :))

------------------
    MudDawg

9. Kendall

Yea I was thinking about doing that in January. Are you going for both days, just Saturday or Sunday? When does the baby get here? ....soon right?

10. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

I have a pair of SV's. One has the stock front end with emulators, springs & 30wt oil. The other has a GSXR600 front end that has been totally revalved by Traxxion Dynamics. (Yes....a very expensive front end.)

I wanted to have the capability of full adjustability and more stronger brakes available. That being said...I'm faster on the damn stock front end. Figures huh?

Stick with stock. Even for your average superbike it's just fine.

------------------
    MudDawg

11. WERA82

Colin comes first week of Feburary. I'm hoping both days. Carol will probably not come obviously, but I wanted two days to break the motor in, learn the track
    and give Robby some time on the bike for the Endurance team since we will be racing there this year...

Lee

12. darksydedave

darksydedave Well-Known Member

If you change your forks, can I have the old ones, outdated and non-adjustable as they may be? [​IMG]

Just picked up a 00 SV, hope to see all you crazies on the track next season!