1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV - GSXR Front/Rear rotors

Discussion in 'General' started by Kendall, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Hi SV guys/gals....are the brake rotors for the SV the same as the GSXR's?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

GSXR = 320mm
    SV = 290 mm

3. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

I think he means no.

------------------
    97 GSXR 750

4. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

<hopeful>
    rear might fit thought!
    </hopeful>

5. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Rear :

GSXR = 220mm
    SV = 240mm

6. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

you suck ;p

7. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

SV Front Brake Rotors are equal to:
    -----------------------------
    Katana 600 and 750: 1989-99
    Bandit 600: 1996-97
    RF 600: 1994-97

8. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve....got any for sale?

9. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

I believe the wheels are same as well?Not sure though,just overhered.

10. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Wheel hubs (width, bearing size, and rotor bolt spacing) are the same, but at various dates the wheels went from 3" to 3.5".

And while the brakes are the same diameter, the earliest ones had heavy steel carriers, as compared to today's SV lightened AL ones. So don't think they are all the same, unless you are looking for cheap ProLites or something.

------------------
    James Greeson
    Senior Wannabe,
    GS Posse

11. SClark

12. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

Ok, so what whole front ends will fit in the SV triples that would actually be an improvement? (read: cartridge forks and to a lesser extent better brakes)I think I heard someone say an F3 or something. SV Suzhonki 650?

LEEnSV ex #884

[This message has been edited by WERA881 (edited 12-11-2001).]

13. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

F3 has Preload and Rebound, 41mm just like SV. Hunting through the SV list also turned up someone using just F3 upper tubes and internals allowing you to keep SV wheel/brakes/fork bottoms.

Also with longer tubes you can mount clip-on on top of triple, for those sport-touring races. [​IMG]

14. WERA82

Hmmm,
    Maybe I should steal my wifes forks off her 98 F3 out in the garage. Na, she's pregnant and too good a shot with the Sig, and I don't run as fast as I used to!

I was hoping the Goldwing forks would fit so I could get that cup holder on it for those long endurance races.... [​IMG]

Lee Fields
    LEEnSV ex #884

15. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Just get the whole fairing, then you'll have better wind protection + music while you cruise your way to endurance victory. Afterall, relaxed riders do not become fatigued as easily [​IMG]

16. SClark

Don't waste your time with the F3 conversion.

Either braze and redrill the holes, or goto www.Traxxion.com for Emulators

17. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

But if you swapped entire front ends. tubes, brakes, & wheel, would she notice? [​IMG]

I've heard that YZF R1 (or R6) USD forks are 41mm. Would those fit?

18. WERA82

Already have the emulators, Race Tech springs, brazed/redrilled holes, and heavier oil. Just looking for an even better setup. It would be nice if an R6/R1 front end would work like James stated. My R6 a had much better front end than my SV and obviously much more adjustability. The drawback is the R6 forks bend easily in even light crashes (dont ask me how I know).

I guess the fork tubes must not only be the same diameter, but the same distance apart to fit into the triples of the SV using the donor wheel, unless they happen to be a standard distance apart. I guess a different triple could fix that, but I have no idea if that even exists....

I think since the SV forks are shorter, she might notice the ass end sticking up in the air when she starts riding again. Not worth getting shot for...LOL. Good idea though.. [​IMG]

LEEnSV ex #884

[This message has been edited by WERA881 (edited 12-11-2001).]

19. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

I have an F2 linkage that will drop the ass end down too. You can tell her you lowered the bike for her. hehe...

20. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

R1 forks fit. the Shogun SV ridden by Brooks Gremmels and Eric Falt at Daytona this last fall had them mounted up. If memory serves they had an Attack Triple clamp (custom?)