1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Contingency News....Shocker

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Craig Montgomery

Craig Montgomery Well-Known Member

Oh.....didn't know that. Now I feel kinda stupid. Not quite as stupid for prepping an 08 Suk though!

2. 2SickRacing

2SickRacing Well-Known Member

FUCK!!!

3. 2SickRacing

WE all would have bought 09's then

4. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

an 08 is still eligible if bought new at a dealer

5. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Maybe they did in the offseason but it wasn't public untill the first week of March

6. Craig Montgomery

Totally....and the off season here in Texas is only for like 2 weeks in January :)

I had no idea!

7. 2SickRacing

sounds retarded

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i'm suprised that all the manufacturers dont require you to buy a bike new from a dealer in order to be legal for contingency.

9. Craig Montgomery

Curious....and why are you "surprised" ?

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Hey Hey, I always have thought that way? Have been amazed for years that the cash was flowing just for stickers and box to be ticked realy, Kool as it was, had HEAPS of fun:clap:

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

" The Comment is",

My interpretation of " The Comment is", What is there ROI- ? year in and out?

Built and despatched to the WORLD Market customer ie, Australia Africa England so on and so on,:up: ONCE, is there SHARE of the maket value for that model? and the sale of that unit: ( Dreams are free, but 1 + 1 does=)

From the out side as a foreign chap:stupid: The WERA series as far as $ and Positive feed back goes, is the best in the english speaking world full stop EVEN with this drama. crackhead:

OK YES the $ have tightened up, BUT will come free again one day:beer: Suzuki have PAID long and hard over there, maybe in the near future the PURSE STRINGS will open again

PS

If ya just want to show them how pissed off you are,WIN on there OLD K6 Model and Prove there is NO NEED to BUY a NEW K

Step aside Jason

12. gpstar748

because from a business standpoint its smart

reward someone for buying a new bike from a dealership for 2 years, if you go out and buy a 2009 this year you can ride it for 2 years and try to earn contingency

where as before Suzuki was paying someone who may have never bought a new bike from a dealer ever.........so they were in essence doing nothing for Suzuki in terms of being a loyal customer, just buying a used bike so they could try win some money on it

trust me, i agree it sucks but im also suprised they havent always required it, i believe Honda has?

even so, from what i hear the US is the only country that tire companies, A/M companies and manufacturers offer contingency at regional level events so we are still pretty lucky

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

1) that would be fine if they had announced that would be required for this year. but for the last 20 years that hasnt been the case, so normally racers make decisions in the offseasons to buy bikes that will be eligible for the next season. i think they should have kept the rules the same this year, and let everyone know going forward that would be the case.

2) i won 5 or 6 national championships on used suzuki motorcycles the last few years. do you not agree that's some pretty good advertising when press releases or roadracing world articles mentions i was riding a suzuki motorcycle? i guess i'm misguided in my thoughts that a company wants people winning on their machinery for advertising purposes to a larger group, more so than to sell new motorcycles to a small group of racers anyway.

14. gpstar748

1) totally agree.........it was f-d up to do this to racers on such short notice and after the start of the season

2) advertising is great Kris and i didnt mean to take anything away from anyone winning on a "used" bike
    they obviously want the best of both worlds......people winning on their bikes and people buying new bikes

15. Craig Montgomery

I think I see everyone's piont here and Kris made mine. I also appreciate the ecomonics lesson (I think that's what the earlier comment was but it was difficult to tell) but the truth is Suzuki needed to save some money and racers have gotten screwed here. There is a whole list of requirements manufacturers post in order to earn contingency money and it isn't just stickers. Up until last week those were all meant. I honestly wouldn't really care if it was someone else so I totally understand where you guys are coming from ;)

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  16. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

severe confusion

In order for a used 08(09 for this season) to be eligible for factory contingency, What is to stop someone from:

A) buying the bike from the seller and not transfer the info on the title/warranty, utilizing the sponsor affidavit at time of purchase?

B) simply transfer the warranty like stick boy said?

has anyone done either of these things(been paid)/ know if contingency is eligible on used bikes currently?

the rules say, "Contingency will be paid to the Warranty Registered owner. If the motorcycle raced is not owned by the racer, a sponsor affidavit must be completed and submitted before the rider is eligible for payment"

nowhere does it mention the ORIGINAL warranty registered owner.

loop hole of language? I think so.

I'm really looking for confirmation before i shell out 5 figures. please help.

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Unless I'm missing something, there is no 2010 contingency listed.

18. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

i was under the assumption that an update had not occured yet on their site.

yet, even for 2009, was anyone able to receive payment from suzuki winning on a used bike? obviously using either warranty transfer or rider affidavit.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Everyone is waiting on contengency.
    Kawasaki,Suzuki,Pirelli to name a few.
    In past years, these would have already been posted.

20. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Suzuki's Contingency last year wasn't posted until a week before Daytona as I recall.