1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUV Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dad had one and I just remember it was horrible. Your mileage sounds about like I got from the Tahoe mixed driving, getting a one year newer Suburban oddly made a huge difference and it's 18 mixed, mid 20's highway if I'm being good.

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Inline 6 [I refuse to call a single block and cylinder head a V], TDI and hybrid cayennes suck. V8's all the way when it comes to them. Just don't bring up coolant pipes.

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

who would?

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

No one technically because VW / Audi / Porsche calls it a VR6. It has just 10.6 degrees between cylinder banks.

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Did you bottom out both ends of the suspension yet?

Bruce likes this.
  6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

MBZ diesel M class

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Most marketing literature and car comparo mags.

8. I might have missed it while skimming, but I don’t remember seeing power/acceleration numbers discussed anywhere.

I only bring it up because I just had to drive a rental car home from ATL. Their one-way rentals are limited; I couldn’t get anything cool or fast.

The best thing I could get was a Ford Fusion.

Aside from being too low to the ground, it wasn’t a bad car. Nice features, and it looked pretty good for what it is.

But FFS, the motor…

In that 300mi trip I had the pedal smashed to the floor and/or downshifted 10x as much as I have in the entire 12k miles I’ve put on Jagger.

There’s no telling how many times I was like “Fucking GOOOOO!”

I would see a gap I wanted to fill, or one I wanted to close, but I couldn’t. I don’t know what the HP numbers are on it, but it’s only about 1/3rd of what it should have.

I was so aggravated with the chickenshit thing that I wouldn’t even take it to the store. I drove past the store, just to come home and get my car, and go back. By that point my blood pressure was through the roof and it felt like the veins in my neck were going to explode.

On the size of vehicles mentioned in this thread, 400hp would be good, 300hp might be ok. But any less than that would be a huge pain in the balls.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Torque is King :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My Mazda, according to the computer and all that shit gets 16 around here. :( But I drive it like a big vtwin superbike (and I'm a retard a lot of the time). Launch it hard, hold it until the end of the mid range, shift, torque it up, shift and then barely do the speed limit. :D

Worst I got with it was 12 but I was gooning in the snow. :crackup:

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Our Turbo on the CX-9 get about 16/17 in mostly city driving :\

I also drive it like it is my Golf R, i usually am disappointed, but it holds it's own as the MILF mobile

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We decided our next car is another GTI. Audi is not bringing in the A3 avant and we miss a small "wagon." The mazda is going to need a butt ton of repairs (window, fluids, battery, re skin the steering wheel, CV joints, brakes) but it's still cheaper then anything else we can can get for triple the money used. :) I love the Milfwagon.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

:crackup: :stupid:

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

That's among the reasons I searched for the Rav4 with the V6. It's 269hp, so not quite up to your standards, but at least it's not the 4 cylinder. I give up 2 or 3 mpg on the highway (which I can make up for by driving gently), but I can actually pass people when I feel like it.

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  15. That’s what matters.

Chango likes this.