1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survey on what oil you are using

Discussion in 'General' started by Newb2, Nov 13, 2010.

?

WHAT OIL DO YOU USE IN YOUR MOTORCYCLE?

1. AMSOIL

48 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. MOBIL 1

64 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. MOTUL

100 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. OEM BRANDED

22 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. REPSOL

26 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. ROYAL PURPLE

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. RP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. ROTELLA

173 vote(s)
    34.5%
  9. SILKOLENE

25 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. SOME CRAPPY OIL NOT LISTED.

38 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya!! :up:

So far its the best oil I've seen.
    It's motorcycle oil, not car oil. There IS a difference.
    Why would you use car oil in a bike that turns 12,000 rpm's
    or better?

2. Brian Driver

Brian Driver Well-Known Member

Silkolene 0w20 and K&N303. Change oil everyweekend and top off between races due to 2 ring pistons. Never had a problem in 2 years and everything looks great at mid year and end of year tear down!

3. Lean With It

Lean With It passin on the outside

Carpenter - while I understand your thinking - I'm having trouble finding anything negative about using Rotella T6 synthetic in a motorcycle.

I run Repsol 4T non synthetic, but am interested in switching to Rotella T6 full synthetic.

Has anyone had any problems or anything switching from a non syn to a full syn?

Thanks - 99 GSXR 750 10w-40 (street/track) and always use the Suzuki OEM filter. Not sure if I want to run Rotella T6 in my 97 GSXR 600 full track bike. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I have friends with newer bikes that ride way faster than I do and they use Rotella T6 on the street and track and have had 0 problems.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  4. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

I have utilized Rotella in about a dozen bikes (purchased used), twins, triples and four cylinder models and they have all been "ridden hard and put away wet;" there was never a problem switching to or using Rotella T6.

There previously was a debate issue about using "diesel oil" in a motorcycle, however, that issue has vaporized as Shell now certifies on the 15W40 and 5W40 Rotella containers that these oils meet the stringent Japanese "JASO MA" (motorcycle) specifications. Enjoy Rotella and spend the difference on some motorcycle accessory. ;)

5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Spectro Golden4 10W/40 in the case, Suzuki CCI in the injector tank.

YamalubeR in the weedeater and blower.

Pennzoil HD30 in the mowers.

Mobil1 in the cars.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  6. blankwall

blankwall Well-Known Member

What is the difference? Where is your proof? if majority of this thread uses rotella how bad can it be? Until you can show me the difference I will continue using rotella.

7. Pilot1

Pilot1 Well-Known Member

Oh no, Amsoil is down and Rotella is coming up to either pass or butt-pack Amsoil..

[​IMG]

8. ecell1

ecell1 Well-Known Member

I've been in the lubes business for more than a decade. I use the Mobil 1 Racing 4T and change it every other weekend. There are a lot of good oils out there and as long as you change them regularly you really can't go wrong.

9. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Can you send me some of that Manatee oil. I got a turkey to fry next Saturday.

10. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Motul 300V, you get what you pay for. Several AMA engine builders that we talk to, swear by this stuff.

11. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

MOTUL 300V

1 - My Team Mate has run 5 Manx Grand Prix's on the same motor. STill running strong.

2 - One of my best sponsors

12. D911

D911 Member

Motul 300V

It lasts about 4 or 5 weekends. You only change it whens it's bright green color starts getting dark. 300V will save you money :bow::bow::bow:

13. flyinryan

flyinryan Active Member

Motul is the best !

14. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

What type of price do you pay per quart?

15. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

The 300V retails at 17.50 a liter, we usually do $12.50 a liter for racers. 4 liter jugs are available too.

16. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

The imprint on the cylinder was from the coating on the piston transfering due to the exessive heat. The rings had collapsed from the heat, there was no scoring or oil related wear anywhere in the engine.

17. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

can't find the articles i read. crap

18. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

19. Somebody needed to tell Amsoil it wasn't raining.

I use Amsoil in all of my bikes. I also got the dealer thing going on and pay about $9 a quart or some shit like that. I can't remember. I usually buy about 15-20 jugs at a time.

20. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

GOOD CATCH, I didn't notice he was running the wrong tires. Maybe it was raining earlier in the race and the track had since dried...:eek: