1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercross 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Jan 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Plessinger had an awesome ride last night. Barcia is riding well too. Surprised to see both Webb and Roczen struggle.

cBJr, Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Top 4 in his second event on a new bike? I don’t think that’s too bad. He also won a heat race. It’ll come.

Once a Wanker.. and younglion like this.
  3. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I thought differently - neither class had much of a battle in the podium spots.

Eli is a handful of points out of leading the class after two rounds on a new team - I agree he's a podium threat every time the gate drops so 0 for 2 so far isn't ideal but at least he's showing consistency and is in the mix.

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

For '21, they scrambled to find outdoor stadiums to come up with a 'compromise' schedule. Held 3 races in 8 days there.
    I hope they return to MB stadium next year.

5. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

The first 3 guys are all on new teams/bikes.
    Including Anderson, who won on Tomacs old bike

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

the top 8 are separated by 8 points, its supercross anything can happen racing week after week.

7. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Last year was the first at AMS. Sick track, like a combo of SX & MX...

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Great (clean) racing and the tracks seem to have aggressively cut whoops. I'm curious to see future layouts.

9. Craig in the whoops, holy shit. Very happy for Anderson and AP, Was just a shock out of both of them really. Very odd night overall with some finishing so far back and not because they crashed.

Once a Wanker.. and Bloodhound like this.
  10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

#AnyoneButWebb

Snoozerfest in Oakland, hoping SD livens things up. Felt bad for AC9, that kid is a monster out the gate but the injuries keep setting him back.

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

"give your sister her fucking jeans back" lol :crackup:

YamahaRick, SoCal1000 and ToofPic like this.
  12. Rehh

Rehh Well-Known Member

Nice shake down!

I'm just down the street from Atlanta Motor Speedway, they switched to that location from the dome in Atlanta. Last year they ran a super long hybrid track setup which made things very interesting.

I think Sexton is gonna be in contention this year

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Craig should have put Friese in the dirt!!! Damn dirty mirror/block racing! Runs him down from a mile back
    and Friese wants to race like that!!? Pfffftttt!!o_O

Once a Wanker.. and evakat like this.
  14. Bloodhound

...ya know Friese is a cunt right?... He has some talent but he is this generation of JRP of SX/MX... Surrounded by talent yet swims in drama.

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'll say it again the take out passes are making it unwatchable

Chino52405 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. Friese is a total idiot, cannot stand him.
    What a ride by Craig. Had Sexton to win in my pool, he was on it last night.

Chino52405 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Sexton and Anderson look the fastest thus far, IMO. If they can get rid of bad luck/mistakes they both have a good shot at the championship.

18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Agree. Will add, for Eli to be on top of point this early, and on a new bike, is a good sign for him. I think he will continue to improve bike and the second half of season out east he’ll be even better. Anderson is very impressive to me.

evakat and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Haven't noticed as much so far this season as the previous couple, but I agree. Craig in the 250 main and Anderson in 450 main both went for payback and were like "this dude's too slow to fuck with, I'm out".

That pile up in 250 and Craig's ride were both good entertainment.

20. Bloodhound

I think (and hope) Eli is racing smarter nowadays instead of the "win it or bin it" style that JS7 was known for. Glad to see Chase get his 1st win in 450s. If Anderson's bike hadn't suffered another "Kawi Curse" he might've been in for the win....but, as they say "if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle"...