1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuff you won't eat.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Jan 14, 2020.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

My deceased neighbor (Korea war cook veteran) eat opossum all the time. Said the trick to it was to let it hang in the basement for 5 days. WTH

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Gotta get a young one. Them beasties are a bitch to clean.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Asian peeps have some odd ways of preparing food but they own small game. I’d try it..

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

There is a big difference between what I won't eat and what I prefer not to eat. I can choke down almost anything, except dried seal meat.
    I prefer to not eat any internal animal parts( exception to pate'), peas, garbanzo beans, pickled herring and lima beans.

5. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Sweet potatoes, ... why are they so bad compared to Russets or waffle house’s hash browns?

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

No seafood. I cannot for the life of me understand fried fish. That shit stinks to high heaven. I'd come home to my roommate and his kid eating that stuff and the whole house smelled. The Cape Verdians at work cook that shit in their microwave and the whole shop smells like shit.
    And just to piss my brother off, I love spinach, broccoli, lima beans and Brussels sprouts. The sprouts with mayo are the best!

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You need to get some eastern NC sweets. Bright orange, add a touch of butter and a few marshmallows....heaven right there.

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

And Rocky Mountain Oysters.....just HELL NO.

9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Eggplant is nasty......

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Any part of animal that has an actual job beyond basic movement ... heart, kidneys, brain, etc. etc. are an absolute non-starter. That, and mayo, if I can help it.

11. It would be easier to list the things I do/will eat.

I pretty much eat the exact same few things, every day, year round.

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Growing up in a poor Italian household with 8 people, we ate what was put on our plate, or we got a smack on the back of the head then ate what was put on our plate. Looking back, I’m grateful for this because to this day, there is very little I won’t eat or at least try.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm so glad to see that y'all must enjoy black licorice, too...been lovin' it my whole life.
    Recently found out it's Ozzy's favorite so, Hail Satan! :rock:

14. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

I really enjoy scrapple. Main ingredient is ground pork head meat. But not with freaking maple syrup. Bleah.

Cannoli and Motofun352 like this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Dad always put concord grape jelly on his scrapple. :Puke:Funny thing, my grand kids so nuts for scrapple...the "Dutchy" runs strong in my family.

16. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I do. And I love it. Especially at Sweatman's BBQ in Holly Hill.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We used to get Star Fort canned hash (yeah I know it isn't as good, but it's a SC dish and we lived in NC) from a small independent grocer in Ware Shoals. The cannery was in Ninety-six and closed years ago. Would love to have some for lunch.

18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    All those things are yummy:p

but ya… Brussels sprouts can't do those ! Ishhh...

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I can guess. Velveeta washed down with bottled water.

speedluvn and Gorilla George like this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You're in a rut...

Gorilla George likes this.