1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storm 2 or wait for Android?

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Prettly slick isn't it? It still has some things that need addressing but overall is it's good.

2. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I need to get my company email and Outlook Calendar to hook up with this thing! I tried myself........ no go so far. The peeps at the Verizon store were a bit "slow" on the technical attribues!

(i'm far from an IT guy myself)

3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I'm jacking around syncing my contacts... MPT doesn't work, and the VW backup hiccuped on me so now I'm exporting to gmail... guess I'm finally giving in to Google. ;)

4. Crispy476

Crispy476 Well-Known Member

I loaded 1.5 (cupcake) version onto my verizon xv6900 (same as HTC vogue)

It is pretty neat. I like it. How does it differ from 2.0? It seems pretty stable and the only issues I have are hardware problems and not os.

Anyone with 1.5 experience please provide me wiht your thoughts on the battery usage? This may just be the phone but it drains the battery very quickly.

Also, I had to download an app called road sync to to connect to microsoft exchange server. Anyone know of a free app that will accomplish this?

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. Crispy476

Crispy476 Well-Known Member

I had to download roadsync (search this term in market) it has 14 day trial then only $10.

7. Knarf Legna

Coming from a Motorola K1m I'm now going thru significant QWERTY fat fingering... but that's my problem. :D

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

:stupid:

And I actually like the keyboard.

9. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Looks like the one spotty thing right now is sync'ing with Microsoft Outlook if you don't have Microsoft Exchange. Apparently several programs on the horizon but haven't found one yet. Missing Link is one that looks the most promising.

10. Knarf Legna

Check out CompanionLink... $39.95 with a free 14 day trial. 2 step, syncs Outlook to your Google account, Google Sync takes it automatically from there.

11. Knarf Legna

12. Venom51

Ahhhh.....it's so nice having your own exchange server.

13. Venom51

You guys just trying to sync contacts or you trying to achieve full time sync of email as well?

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'm not sweating e-mail AS MUCH, but it would be nice. I definitely need contacts and calendar at t he very least.

15. Venom51

Google Companion is probably the safe play. Although you should be able to export your outlook contacts to a csv file...copy that to the phone via USB to the SD card and import them from there. That of course is not a live sync of the contacts so it would have to be updated occasionally.

You can already use Google's calender sync to get your outlook calender info.

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'll keep an eye on that. Close to pulling the trigger on the phone. Got to play with it. Missing Link is developing one that looks like a direct, real time sync. I've used it to sync my Mac with the Microsoft 6.5 and that worked really well, so think this one will, also. Think it was talking about a December 1st release.

17. Knarf Legna

Or 3... ;) Doesn't help with your local Outlook contacts though that don't live in the Exchange store. :(

18. Venom51

When I said personal exchange server I meant it. Just me and the wife on it.

I forward all my gmail and work email to it as well as my MSN account that I use for registering on any forums and such. Allows me to filter everything just before the inbox.

Of course with being able to sync with multiple exchange servers I turned off the forward from work and set up direct access to it as well.

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Blah blah blah, I'm a geek, blah blah blah.

20. Venom51

[DeNiro]You talkin to me?[/DeNiro]