1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sterling thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Apr 28, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Interesting trade...$1.45 billion for a reputation that already sucked. I'd do that deal. :D

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You do it for free already...:D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why else do you think I would jump at the chance to get paid for it.:D

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

The Clipper values I heard before the controversy were ~$500M. That's the kind of ROI that Sterling will not walk away from. IMHO, Ballmer over-valued the Clippers horribly.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wonder what the second place bid was. I'd like to know how much Ballmer left on the table.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't think the forcing Sterling to sell got the results the NBA wanted. Some rich white dude cock blocked their plans. :D

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

From Fox Sports...next highest bid was $400 million lower. DAYUM.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's exactly what they wanted. He's out of the NBA, the owners did not have to vote him out. They couldn't have asked for a better result.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think he was making investment. He was buying a toy.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No doubt scout. Half their plan worked. I do think the buyer they got was not the one they wanted, that part of the plan failed.

Not like I care all that much. Bouncy ball is not my sport to play, watch or even really care about.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who do you think they wanted? Magic Johnson? I don't think it mattered much so long as it wasn't sold to someone they did not want.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I think they wanted him as the owner. Not to sound like some redneck rube but I honestly think they wanted a black owner of a team in one of the major markets.

Wasn't the current high bidder shot down for another team a few years ago? I think the deal breaker was that he wanted to move them to Seattle or some shit like that. Can't really remember.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The big question is, will the NBA ban Justin Bieber from attending any games?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Justin Bieber bought a franchise?

15. In Your Corner

No, he's a famous white racist.
    Judging by all I have read, they certainly wouldn't want pictures of him at an NBA game, would they?
    They hate racists and don't want any association with them, therefore they should ban him from their events. Just for consistency, you know.
    I'd hate to think their outrage is selective. They need to stand true to their avowed principles.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm pretty sure they went after Sterling because he was a franchisee. If you have evidence that they made a claim that paying spectators can't be overtly racist, I would love to see it.

17. In Your Corner

I'm not saying they made that claim, nor am I saying they need to exclude all racists, but surely their game is not well-represented if they have a famous racist sitting courtside, having his picture taken, being seen on live TV.
    I just don't want them to look foolish by being selectively offended by blatant racism.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

One only has to take a look at the company Bieber keeps to know that you're trolling. And not very well.

19. In Your Corner

Wait, racism is okay if you hang out with certain people?
    I hadn't heard about this rule before.
    This whole knowing who is a racist to be cast out and who is an acceptable racist is so hard.
    To me it just looks like selective outrage to pursue certain agendas, but that's just an old white guy talking.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, expectations from a 14-year-old kid are different from what you expect of someone old enough to be their grandmother or great grandfather. You are working awfully hard at pretending you don't get it, just so you can justify your outrage at the NBA for not wanting to associate with Sterling, or advertisers wanting to distance themselves from Deen.

You can keep trolling, but it looks ridiculous.