1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sterling thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Apr 28, 2014.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

2. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

Fuck that PIECE of SHIT Sterling....

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I think we just found the basketball fan in this thread. :D

4. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

My remark have nothing to do with the sport. It's about a person's character!

5. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I can't take it anymore!!!!!
    All I wanna do is watch the playoffs, but every 20 seconds the announcers have to mention this guy. And the players are wearing black socks to protest?
    Are ya kidding me?

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well if you're gonna be ineffectual, you may as well be fashionable. :rolleyes:

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Or his money! Looks like the NAACP has a lot of egg on their face to clean off.

8. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Can the fans even see them? :p

9. turboderek

turboderek Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised this is the only forum I visit that finds reasons to justify Sterling actions. Posts about Sterling right to free speech, which this is not a free speech issue unless the government becomes involved. The always played "Reverse Racism" card thrown in for good measure. Then a few more posts about the players protesting being a joke. Most so. California people know Sterlings record on race and are not remotely surprised at this.

10. pickled egg

The whole fucking thing is a joke. It falls squarely under the "Big Fucking Deal" category.

It's unfortunate that you're butthurt over some wealthy obnoxious fuckhead spouting off in a manner that offends your delicate sensibilities, but this is *precisely* a free speech issue. Popular speech doesn't need protection. :rolleyes:

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Perhaps, but the NBA could hammer him for what he said and get away with it.

Sterling was a know idiot for a long time, but I don't think it's fair to hammer him for what he thought was a private conversation, even tho he is clearly a racist.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

so its not a free speech issue? :Poke:

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

can you imagine how them folks would feel if they could hear some Senators or Congressmen talking in private?? :D

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Teams protesting, Clipper sponsors dropping like flies. Ya'll who think it's not a big deal or some freedom of speech thing are fairly in the dark about how society functions today in regard to race.

And you especially don't pay attention to basketball. Will be interesting to see what Silver says at this afternoon's press conference. :up:

15. pickled egg

Based on the narrow reading one *should* make of the First Amendment, absolutely.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA *does* pull some shit that Bumblefuck files and wins against them for violating his 1st's.

Nobody understands or appreciates that the Constitution is the rulebook for *government*, and only the federal one at that. :down:

16. pickled egg

Sure would cure that blind faith and illusion of "representation", wouldn't it? :D

17. pickled egg

What? The free market is dealing with this clown? :wow:

Seems we don't need that pesky government monitoring our every word (and thought) after all! ;)

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's going to be the only course of action, really. Silver represents the owners and if the owners get together and want to boot him from the league (force him to sell), that's about all they can do - aside from some monetary fine or indefinite suspension, which doesn't really rid the problem.

What's kind of sad is this latest issue is what got all of our attention, but it's been happening for awhile. See this article from 2006:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/060810

Certainly more than just "freedom of speech".

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

What about the whore. You left out the whore GF. :D

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Few observations:
    1. I find people who condone punishing a man for what he said in his own home much more frightening than a soon to die of old age racist.
    2. When your bedroom/pillow talk with your mate is used against you, dont come crying to the rest of us. Dont mind that camera above the door. Its just there to make sure you say and think and fart and screw in an approved way.
    3. Wearing socks and taking off jerseys is the ultimate display of weakness from an offended party that I have eve seen. Your level of butt hurt is diminished when you make symbolic gestures while still riding your gravy train. If this guy is the devil, refuse to play. But wearing black socks? weak.