1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting over

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Nah. We’ll leave that to the rum. :D

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

rum usually doesn't care or remember

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

But your liver does.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the people that are stressed out about making money are not only doing it for the now, but, also for when they decide to call it quits. I don’t want to get to the point where I’m ready to retire and be forced to keep working because I didn’t save anything. Additionally they’re also making money so they can take vacations which keeps you employed.

badmoon692008 and r6boater like this.
  5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I understand your point, but how much do need to retire? In the US a shitload of money, other places in the world not so much

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

The key word is 'need'. None of us have a crystal ball. You could die the day after you retire or you could live to 100. That could be a 30-40 year swing. All depends on the lifestyle you wish to have. Even if you own a house outright, you still have real estate taxes, insurance, and utilities. If you and a significant other each have a car, need money for gas, insurance, and upkeep. We all need to eat.
    None of us know how much we will need, but, we just want to make sure it's enough.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

I just need a damned pizza up in here now..damn I'm hungry.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Prioritize

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol.

10. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Starting over? Pizza isn’t starting over for you as all I’ve seen is frozen pizza posts since I’ve known you. Starting over would be something like being a kitty sitter for a really pretty flight attendant (single btw) while she works and takes care of her sick mom in Nashville. Mine has too many clients so he couldn’t take her. Evidently there is a need for pet care and dog walking. Pays well and seems pretty peaceful work to me.

Stumpy and mattology like this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And just like that this thread gets interesting again.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Damn! That’s about as open of an invitation as I’ve ever seen!

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hmm...

Funkm05 likes this.
  14. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

It’s not a sexual invitation and it’s not for me. I actually did have the need for a cat sitter as mine were sick and I travel for work and needed special foods and meds. Believe it or not there is s high need for animal sitters. My guy was so busy that he couldn’t take my coworker on . Her cat isn’t sick but she’s gone a lot now between work and taking care of a parent in another state. You could actually start your own business j doing basic pet care and I believe do very well at it. At least in Atlanta where I live. If you are a licensed vet tech then even better. My cats were sick so I needed actual vet tech but there are people out there that just need their cats fed ,litter scooped or dogs walked etc . I threw the she’s single in there to cheer him up as obviously MH is going through a really hard time but the guy that works for me is basically retired and now working for himself at his own hours. He’s making more than delivering pizzas I can tell you that

Phl218 likes this.
  15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

bangmygilfcatladyfriend.com

Metalhead likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I know some gilfs. I know some cat ladies. In my experience the Venn Diagrams do not intersect.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah but there's the "I'd like" variable.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

My wife used to book a pet sitter/ dog walker for $25/h. She’d take our dogs for walks and return them home. Booked out all week. And that was 2014. She moved to NYC to make double the $

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

We’re just giving MH a hard time;) I have a good friend that pet sits. She does it on the side and does pretty well.

flygirl likes this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, but a cat sitter? I can pour a big bowl of food, change the litter and open the lid on the toilet and my cat is set for a week:D

Sabre699 likes this.