1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sport type doc for shoulder and arm?

Discussion in 'General' started by flygirl, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

lol dude stuff. Think about it. Lolol

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

She hasn’t seen one of those in 10years

flygirl likes this.
  3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Neither has half the dudes here lol.

baconologist likes this.
  4. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I’m having a real hard time understanding how the heck I got taken out by a suitcase and for this long. I know I probably shouldn’t post about this but seriously. I’m in great shape or at least I thought I was. I heal very quickly when I get bruised and when I had my knee surgery. I heal fast normally. I expected to be good by now. I’m hoping to get cleared next week and I expect to but honestly I feel like I should be healed already. A dang suitcase! Seriously?!!! A big crash or something dramatic I would understand but a suitcase????? Thanks for letting me vent. I don’t do well with sitting around waiting thing.. *sigh*

5. flygirl

I better not be out but I’ve had no practice and until this thing has healed I can’t get any. Grrrrrrr

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Soft tissue takes much longer ot heal than a bone.

flygirl likes this.
  7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I hate to be blunt about it, but you were younger then. I don't heal quickly any more, either.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  8. flygirl

Which hot friend. I have many of them. (Sticks toungue out) I’ll try and find another hot one that needs votes and bring back. Lol.

5axis and ToofPic like this.
  9. flygirl

If you can get me the info just in case please and thank you. This thing is still bothering me . I’m back at work. But the pain is miserable. I’m not letting just anybody work on my body because I’m the one that has to live in it . Not sure if surgery is what’s needed but I’d like info ready if I can’t get this to heal by doing pt on my own at home. Thanks

10. flygirl

Im gonna try your brachial hang so I guess I’ll be looking for a gym when I get home today. Only thing I haven’t tried yet. Oh and the fish oil. This was a good post. Thank! Gives me hope at least as I try not to worry about this. I’m back at work and really want to try and keep it that way. I’m also getting depressed not being on my bike.

Gino230 likes this.
  11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Shoulders have always seemed to me one of the the easiest areas to injure, lots of small muscles that support the area and it's not too hard to over stress them. Most shoulder therapy uses very light weights.

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There is also a new study out, using "eccentric exercise" for tendon injuries. The "eccentric" part of a lifting action is the lowering portion of the action- we used to call it "negatives" in weightlifting. Exercising the tendon with lighter weight, higher reps, focusing on the eccentric (i.e. negative) phase of the exercise, even when the tendon pain was intense, did more to heal tendon related injuries than anything else, including surgery.

Since I'm not a trainer or a physical therapist type, I don't know what exercise this would apply to for a shoulder injury. But it might help to look into it.

13. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

If you were in Texas I would recommend my doctor. He had to scope my shoulder and knee in the last 12 months and both have turned out very well. Even had him do a repair on my moms previous shoulder surgery that didn't turn out how we had liked.

14. flygirl

It was a torn labrum, cyst and something else. In less than 48 hours they will fix me. I’m told I’m looking at 6 to 9 months recovery. No woe is me though. It could have been a much worse sentence as I had other crap going on too.. I’ll figure it out one day at a time. I drive a stick so that will be my first challenge getting myself to pt among other things . The list of challenges are a little long but At least I won’t be in this horrible pain anymore . Just thought I’d update for those who are interested. And to those that reached out to help on the issue I thank you.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LMAO!

16. flygirl

The surgeon’s PA told me the amount of muscles in the shoulder and it was a crazy amount. I even took anatomy and physiology and forgot that part. He showed me with pictures and a model of the shoulder and then told me his surgeon and staff could fix me up perfectly so I could continue my life style in work and hobby. He told me exactly what they were gonna do. I feel pretty confident with this guy that my pcp recommended

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  17. flygirl

Yea I’m definitely out this season

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It sucks but is doable. I do know driving back from the track in my old jeep with a freshly broken collarbone wasnt much fun...

19. flygirl

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  20. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I have a good friend who is a professional archer. He had a torn labrum and he was out for at least 6 months. But dude was so badass, he basically taught himself how to shoot a bow with only one arm, using a mouth tab to hold the string. Impressive accomplishment no doubt.

Its a serious surgery. Good luck with your recovery.

flygirl likes this.