1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Dude Named Qasem Soleimani Is Dead

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, not sure taking out a helicopter parking tent is aiming at the troops. Really hate headlines that lie. I keep hearing they had an hour or more to get to shelter before they got hit too, not really trying that hard to hurt anyone with that kind of lead time.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Agreed.

However, if you call my house and tell me you are going to pump a few rounds of .45 into it in an hour, I'm still going to shoot you dead.

As a matter of fact, I now have an hour to prepare for your end of life. :)

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that's why you'll never be in charge of international diplomacy.... :D

XFBO, stk0308 and Spang308 like this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They wouldn't let him mow the WH lawn, nevermind any diplomacy.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

On top of that, latest report I saw is that Iran was making backchannel announcements as soon as the rockets hit that said “We’re done”. This was nothing more than a spectacle to save face at home for the Iranians. Nothing to see here ... move along.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Why? I can give a Mexican crew $30 just as well as anybody else.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh puhleeeeze, there are far more reasons than just that.:D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As I was trying to tell Terrance - listing one reason doesn't preclude there being a lot of other reasons too :D

Rico888 and R Acree like this.
  9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

More evidence that lends credibility to the theory I posted in the other thread. It just seems more and more like this was the deal.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

What is the accuracy of Iran's weapons? Something I have not seen in any article.

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Accurate enough to take down a drone.

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If the attack on Saudi’s oil refinery is any indication, accuracy is credible.

If they’re using Russian-supplied weapons, accuracy is more than credible.

13. sdg

sdg *

Allegedly

Funkm05 likes this.
  14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Russian supplied. The TOR surface to air system that downed the air liner is very good. But, unfortunately not so good in Iranian hands.

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And yet, it's Trump's fault. Welcome to 2020, where moronic Democrats attempt to pin anything negative on Trump. It's just like 2019 actually.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not the same as what was aimed at the base. I also saw the TOR thing and as far as I know almost anyone's SAM against a commercial jet is going to end bad. Possibly not a shoulder fire but otherwise the commercial jet loses.

I doubt a TOR has the range to reach Iraq though Jane's has some decent numbers on a guess.

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I hope they were not using a TOR system to hit ground targets. Would be foolish, but it’s Iran. I would think the TOR system’s were in place for a US retaliation air strike. Unfortunately, the morons didn’t ground air traffic around them. But imo, that maybe by design to bait the US and it backfired.

18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I was under the impression they were using electronic warfare to down drones, not impactors?

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Fair question. I honestly have a hard time believing any of their capability claims. No way I’m truly about to tie my name to either version. :D