1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the problem. Every SE I've seen is $8K vs $4K for the SM.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Well if you get it and don't like it or lose your DL... I may have some space in my shop... hit me up..:)

rd400racer likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

B, you going for Posey this year? I may give it a try, if I can get up there.

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Dubya should be able to set you up with an offroad wheelset, then.

rd400racer likes this.
  5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What is this "Posey"? Where When, is it Fun?

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Close in what way other than they're both motorcycles??? I'm usually all about the practical choice, but for similar money how could you even think about *not* sampling the orange Kool-Aid?

Britt likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I know what you're saying, but I have to justify in my own head after spending the last 6 months planning on nothing but a DR and then changing lanes so quick. Yes, the KTM is a huge amount better than the DR. And in all honesty I bet I would have been bored with the DR in 6 months.

The main reason I want a DR is to do the KAT and have a bike I can throw in my truck and take to WV to ride fire roads around my MiL's place. I don't know why I couldn't do this with the SM if I put some aggressive tires on. And I'd still have a hoon of a bike to boot.

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Ah shit, I got the Posey Trail in UT mixed up with the Calico. Imadummy.

Oh well, Posey Trail:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

We are about to have a conversation about this years trip, I really want to hit it..will have to see where the other guys are with it.

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

IDK if it is worth the effort. I'd probably have to drag the damn thing half way up there, but I think that it would be worth it to ride across it while its still open.

12. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Yes.

Cheers,

Dave

Britt likes this.
  13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yes, You're IN, for Calico / SockRider or Yes we're gonna have a convo?? :)

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I've now added this Posey Trail to The Discussion List for our 2020 ride, Thanks.

15. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think these may fit your (desired) bike - they're from a 2013 Husky TE511 (I've got two sets of offroad wheels for it and I only ride pavement on this bike).

Attached Files:

18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

FYI if anyone has a 1x90 KTM and needs or wants an off road oriented front wheel I have a spare I'm going to sell. Basically a woodys wheel works billet hub, narrower stronger DirtStar rim from the 950 SE (21x1.85" like the one in the ADV ad above) but billet dual disk front hub for the 1090/1190/1290 bikes.

I bought a set a while ago mainly because I needed the rear for my 950 but the front is not going to work on the 950 so it needs to find a new home. PM me for info, wheel is in ATL but could probably arrange transport around the SE to a track pretty easily.

19. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

So, reading about these trips to Deadhorse, or the Arctic Circle, or maybe the TAT or CDT, what’s the bike? KLR650? DR650? XR650? Wee-Strom? Something else?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Pretty much anything to Deadhorse, met a guy on a Suzuki 250 headed that way.