1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my asshole neighbor...

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol my bad.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was interested in that as well just thought I'd wait until RB posted without being prompted in case there was cops and lawyers involved.

3. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

You heard it here folks... I got this dude good.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm having this problem in my condo....marijuana smoke from the people upstairs coming into my one. Not fun when coming home to it and can't put the kids in their own room directly under where the 35+ year old man lives with his mom and he seems he can't stop smoking all hours of the day and night. I hope we can move soon.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

If ever there's been a reason for an "anonymous" call to the po-po ...

6. Have you asked him to smoke that shit somewhere else, like a different room?

Before getting into measures like calling the cops or throwing uppercuts, i would see if simply asking the dude to be a little more considerate would work.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Oh we've thought about it...Problem is they can't do anything unless he's in the act of doing it. We are working with the condo board with this, and not much they can do right now, but they are trying to amend the bylaws to make our buildings smoke free now. The vote will be in a couple months, and I hope it passes, then the problem becomes enforcement of the rules. In the meantime, we are trying to make sure all vents and stuff are closed.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah about that....let's say prior to this, we were not on the best of terms. Well because my wife's family live in the same complex and have had issues with....well everyone, so no one is really approachable without some other type of intervention.

EDIT: The board has also sent letters because we do have an annoyance clause in the bylaws, but that hasn't stopped anything. He has been to jail and what not, and he can really care less about following some letter from the board.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Who stole Chaotics log on?:D

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm extremely fortunate that I have very good neighbors. My only vice is coming home in the early hours on the Harley. Hmmm, maybe I'm the asshole. LOL.

11. Haha.

I am all for uppercuts (much more than i am for calling the cops), but i tend to make sure they are halfway justified. Even in my younger days, i didnt just uppercut/fight people at random. I typically tried to avoid it, and would give them an "out". I try to handle things the right way first.

dsmitty37 likes this.
  12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

As expected, he called the property manager this am who called and left a message stating the "red color" hadn't been approved. I called back and got VM but let her know the color was provided by the HOA.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hate to ask this again, you got the color provided and the details in writing, right?

When the shit hits the fans, the HOA rats abandon ship with the cheese. or some shit like that. :D

14. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Yep.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Really.
    You know he'd buy up all the weed in the tri-state area to teach the guy a lesson.

BigBird, Gorilla George and auminer like this.
  16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

This is NYC. The po-po couldn't care less about weed, unless you are dealing. Of course, you could "gift" him a pound and then call.... :D

BigBird and Funkm05 like this.
  17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I didn't know where he lived. In my neck of the woods, they'd be salivating over this kind of opp. :crackup:

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The President of HOA's invisible dog fence broke again. Whenever this occurs, the animal comes straight over and stares in through the glass until we feed her. I've got chopped liver on hand just for these occasions. I'm told it causes their dog to fart her brains out. I can't wait to hear about this, again.

MikeR, BigBird, stk0308 and 4 others like this.
  19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

:crackup:

20. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Good one. Although I have no idea what an HOA is. Never heard of it.