1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my asshole neighbor...

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

...just came over and put me and the guys painting my house on blast. So I'm painting my house and live in an HOA neighborhood. We put in our paint colors for approval which they did except for one accent color. After going back and forth and in circles I get no rules based reason for the color to to be denied. So my response to the HOA was okay, define which colors are okay and I will re-submit then. My house really needed to be painted. So about a week or so later the architectural committee brings me a "compromise color" to which we agree. So painters spray house and trim and then start spraying the garage doors in the "compromise color". As the painters finish spraying the first coat, the neighbors pull up and start yelling at the painters. They're pissed and ask the painters the color he is spraying which he verifies it is the color they provided. Then he comes knocking on my door and says that it wasn't approved. To which I respond it was the color they gave me. They continued yelling at me saying I couldn't do that at which point I finally had enough and told them I could and I would do what I wanted with my house and walked away. Funny thing is it is their color painted in the same fashion as most of the similar houses in my neighborhood. Next week should be interesting.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Should have punched him in the face and set his car on fire.

Cam Morehead, MikeR, BigBird and 6 others like this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

HOA's are the devil. I think they are all run by busybody no jobbers that have nothing better to do than try to justify their existence and be a pain in peoples ass...

helicopter99, Chris, emry and 5 others like this.
  4. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I don't mean to disrepect you, but, anybody who buys into the rules, gets no sympathy from me. I know you didn't ask for any, but, I just don't get why people chose to live where other people tell you what you can or can't do. F@CK THAT!

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who cares what your neighbor says, he's not the HOA and you got your shit in writing.

Well, you did get your shit in writing?

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Did anyone burn trash ?

JJJerry, Chris and Shenanigans like this.
  7. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Here in Florida, there aren't too many places you can live that don't have an HOA. We are closing on a house in an HOA community. I'm not happy about it, but ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Go talk a big dump in his front yard.

VFR#52 and Wheel Bearing like this.
  9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

My neighbor's had a pile of brush with a pallet or two in it sitting near the edge of his property for about two years. I've had a pile of trees and brush from two acres that I bulldozed last year not too far from his. We both hate the HOA. I think he's the president of it or some shit and I'm probably the treasurer. It just seems to work that way whenever everyone gets together and comes up with a project. Last weekend, we used the tractor to push all that mess together and burned it all day. The other two HOA board members came by and had a few drinks with us. They watched me throw two cans of paint on that fire and didn't say shit about the color.

JJJerry, Chris, Murcielago311 and 8 others like this.
  10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

File assault complaint..for douchebag getting in your face. It will end your hoa issues I assure you. Ask me how I know lol. Add trespassing if he was on your property.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Time for one of those HOA member windmill slap fights.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Spam his BBS with Korean gibberish.

beechkingd, Chris, MikeR and 7 others like this.
  13. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Paint fuck you "insert his name" on your garage with white background in approved colors

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

BigBird likes this.
  14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I had a neighbor who had a white garage at the end of his property and he painted "Asshole End" in black on the side that faced the neighbors property. Every car driving by easily saw it. Funny though, the guy with the garage was the real asshole.

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

You live within an HOA.

There's your problem.

Banditracer likes this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Cut metalheads head off and feed serve it to him in a platter.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Spam him

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sometimes I wanna buy a house in am HOA just so I can have an excuse to ruin people's day by telling them to suck my bits and lick my taint.

Absolutely nobody tells me what to do with my property if it doesn't affect their wellbeing.

Fuck that.

noles19 likes this.
  19. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

The last guy I knew in a HOA tossed his neighbor across his front yard when he got in his face for too many motorcycles hanging out. The guys wife thought it was funny and would party with us. They were divorced in less than a year.

Chris, GSmann, VFR#52 and 3 others like this.
  20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I refused to buy anywhere with an HOA, but I suspect they are land covenants that transfer with the property.

By purchasing the property, you're agreeing to the terms. Those terms probably include eviction of you violate their rules.

The association will have to pay market value for the property, but said value is all you could really debate.