1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So let's say we buy Greenland. Then what?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Aug 18, 2019.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

Can we use them in vintage?

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I’ve always been fiscally conservative. That’s why I can own a houses, cars, motorcycles and travel when I please. Don’t mistake my disdain for government/authority for financial irresponsibility.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Oh I'm pretty sure I'm not mistaken with your cherry picking complaints......did you rip the last CIC with all his budget/debt doubling actions?????? There was plenty to attack, no???
    I don't recall seeing much, if any and that's what I'm calling you out on.....but major kudo's to you on being fiscally conservative. :beer:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you have no investments?

5. cpettit

I invest with money I have left over after my bills are paid. Unlike our government that just spends with no regard for the future.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hmmm... I pay my bills with money left over after I invest.

7. cpettit

Good for you. Point is neither of us spend ourselves into poverty like both political parties do. Neither is better than the other when it comes to that part.

auminer likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depending on the setup I get loans at a lower rate than my investments make. Seems silly to miss out on the overall profit. If the natural resources in Greenland are viable to use and sell for more than a purchase price why not do it?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And none of that has anything to do with Greenland :crackup:

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Haven't kept up with this thread but saw this on FB and it's kind of funny.
    [​IMG]

SnacktimeKC and sheepofblue like this.
  11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That neglects risk which is a factor on rate of return. A paid for house means you pay 0% interest guaranteed and have no loan to foreclose for instance. While a loan on the same home that is invested MIGHT get more return than the interest but you also have risk of getting foreclosed in a disaster.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, as I can't afford to buy a house outright unlike motorcycles that one doesn't get factored into that kind of thought process :D