1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So let's say we buy Greenland. Then what?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Aug 18, 2019.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

How would this possibly work? From purchasing, management, voting, etc... Thoughts?

Could we send all of the lefties there? Give the rwn a place of thier own? Put all of the caravans there?

Seriously though. Logistics seem like a big mess

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Probably something along the lines of other territories we own.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

Like Puerto Rico? And the Philippines? Let them be self governing? Are they completely autonomous already? What if they don't want to be citizens of the United States? Would they get voting rights? How are these things financially guaranteed? Would Denmark potentially still govern?

The Philippines we took militarily. I guess I need to look up how we ended up with Puerto Rico. And I guess the usvi.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Puerto Rico was part of the Spanish American war peace treaty. But we bought the usvi from Denmark in 1917.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Did Epstein think that made it OK?

joec likes this.
  6. joec

joec brace yourself

Ugh..... St Thomas is such an Americanized dump.

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

LOL, this has to be a distraction for something else. Greenland?!

8. In Your Corner

Greenland has incredible military importance to the US.

Montoya likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm surprised Iceland isn't all agro over this. "They try to buy the greenland and not us?!?! Vhat is wrong with us? We vant to be bought!!!!"

Greenland, Iceland and then Canada (even though the US already informally owns that already).

I suspect that Trump said this in passing, some office schlep over hears it and runs to the press with it and then the press, because they have nothing more important to do then hate on the orange clown, runs with it. Non news, but it is funny.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Shenanigans, Killswitch and MachineR1 like this.
  10. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Just got back from Greenland .The people are really nice but if I never ever went back to Greenland it would still be to soon.

11. In Your Corner

How was the nightlife there?

12. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

All aquavit and muktuk

13. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

We were in Kangerlussuag the population of the town is about 500 there was not to much to do. I did manage to drink my share of carlsberg elephant beer and eat musk ox burgers.

14. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

15. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Bone Spurs secretly knows global warming is real and is hedging his bets.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:rolleyes:

17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just how did Seward's folly turn out? Oh Yeah...Alaska! I'm all in for Trump's folly but it needs to be done lawfully. You can bet the Ruski's wouldn't be happy!

18. joec

joec brace yourself

Wait until there's a corner for there to be a Starbucks on every one and a chicfila , Kroger's, and target.

19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You have proof of that right alongside your collusion claims right?

BHP41 likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If Trump really wanted to set the world spinning at 45 rpm instead of 33.3 he would have (or will) said something like "My ultimate goal would be to get Poland to become a full part of the US."

Holy f@ck, I think Poland would jump at the chance, Russia would lose it's f@ckin' mind, Germany would shit because all the US service personal would be leaving and the EU would have the enemy right on the edge of their utopia. :D Troll the world level 10.

XFBO, ducnut, MachineR1 and 6 others like this.