1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anyway, about this coronavirus thing...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2020.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

3. sdg

sdg *

Proof that they won't eat a table? LMAO.

What has two legs and they won't eat it?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

An extension ladder, but I have no proof

5. sdg

sdg *

Exactly. Perhaps an aluminum one would be safe from oral consumption.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Nancy Pelosi, trick question.

Phl218, R Acree and sdg like this.
  8. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Really? Are you that naive? Have you spent any time as an insider in Red China? If so, what did you eat?

9. sdg

sdg *

Lighten up Francis.

10. sdg

sdg *

Nah, Nancy's on the menu.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This all seems just a bit too convenient and coincidental. China is both refusing help from the US CDC (so our people don't/can't see 1st hand just how bad it REALLY is and how inaccurate China's official #'s are) as well as refusing to release animal testing data they claim to have in order to understand the origin of the virus. Eventually this veil of BS is going to slip.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/mysterious-origin-wuhan-coronavirus

In other news.....Johns Hopkins data map is now officially showing that the 1 case in Seattle and the 2 in Chicago are being classified as recovered.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Phl218 likes this.
  12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have read a ton of stuff and basically think the truth cannot be gleaned from the news available. I suspect it is far worse than what China says. Also the spread so far is mostly China but that could change fast.

That said:
    This will likely drop the rate of growth in China to a couple of percent or less. Such an event will likely destabilize them to some degree.
    This should encourage global conglomerates to diversify to avoid future single point of failure on China.
    Companies that moved stuff out of China due to tariffs should be impacted less.
    US manufacturing can potentially profit while China is wounded.

Yes this is a horrible thing but long term it could help the US and US economy.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not trying to be cold-hearted, but reality is reality. The missus and I came to the same conclusion as this yesterday when we were discussing what, if anything, to do with our portfolio in response to this crisis. It's going to be a bumpy ride as weaker hands are shaken loose, and let's face it : we're due for a correction. This will likely be the impetus for the correction but the recovery will have much more reason to be US centric in the next leg up.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I really don't want the US to profit economically as the result of thousands of Chinese citizens meeting their doom. It's a real shitty situation.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Who does? I also don't want thousands of US citizens dying because of Chinese incompetence.

16. auminer

""Planning for a logically deduced outcome over which one has absolutely no control"" and ""wanting"" are not the same.

One could say that being born is a really shitty situation since it inevitably leads to death.

What will be, will be with zero regard for how I align my family's finances. Why would I not try to align them in the best way I can?

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. auminer

Found some. Oddly enough, at a Home Depot right in the middle of a heavily Asian neighborhood. :confused:

Bough all they had, but I'ma hang on to the receipt.

[​IMG]

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I do not wish this on the people of China in any way. Rather I feel bad for them being in what sounds like a horrible situation with a government that can be trusted far less than any government (I would not trust ours 100% but they are saints in comparison)

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  20. auminer

What some sjw thinks *ahem* of me is somewhere below..... shit, I can't even come up with anything I care less about.

I'm aware of how to properly wear a mask. I will train my loved ones on them as well. Even minimal efficacy is priceless when it comes to me and mine.

Montoya and sheepofblue like this.