1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Kendall, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Warning: A snow flake has just been seen falling in Charlotte. Schools will be closing soon and the stores are already out of bread and milk.....the Governor has just called in the National guard to ward off the run on gasoline and 43 SUV wrecks have already been reported!

Go away snow, nobody likes you here!

I'm moving south!

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

ROTFLMAO! Good one Kendall. I'm sure after a couple more flakes they'll be sending us home from work. [​IMG]

I tried the moving South bit to get away from the snow but apparently I didn't move far enough South. [​IMG]

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

as a former charlottean i can vouch for that statement. but, the further south you get the worse people. mention snow in albany georgia, and everyone falls apart. the best thing to do is go to minnesota, or cleveland where everyone can handle it. [​IMG]

4. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

I'm excited. I still get giddy about snow since I'm a native Floridian. [​IMG]

I went to the grocery store earlier just for a normal routine trip. It was jam-packed with people stocking up on canned goods and frozen pizzas. [​IMG]

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yes those folks will keep their pizza out in the snow.

6. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Don't forget your beef jerky, that stuff stays good even when you power goes out from all that snow you're gonna get. Maybe I should get my snowblower down there and make some money.
    [​IMG]

------------------
    97 GSXR 750

7. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Here in the Columbia, SC area people are going apesh*t!Ttraffic backed up and grocery store lines are incredible. They get an inch of snow here and the whole town shuts down. When I lived in Michigan and then Conneticut we would only laugh at these "flurries" [​IMG]

8. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Cold weather sucks!

How is the racing scene in Miami?

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

homestead is nice. they used to do a superbike race in the streets of miami. don't remember when but i think Freddie Spencer won the last one.{that shows how long ago THAT was.}

10. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Now it's getting all icy. Accidents everywhere and now that it's dark it's not looking good at all. Supposed to snow through noon tomorrow....hopefully I can stay home and play in it with my dogs all day. [​IMG]

------------------
    Pit Queen
    http://www.robeysracing.com

11. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Like I said, wussies [​IMG]

12. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Ice isn't a joke, punk!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Ice may not be the joke, but southerners driving on it is. [​IMG]

Just remember, make no sudden movements; steering/braking/accelerating and all will be well. Look waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy ahead and always be able to stop 30 feet earlier that you need to. It helps avoid an ass-packing if you don't jump all over the brakes.

14. BrownMS

BrownMS Well-Known Member

Augusta, Georgia has had sleet this morning. Then it stopped. Then it started snowing. Then it stopped. Snow again...got heavier, then it stopped. Snowed again and then it turned to sleet. I'm releived I have no job to go to at O' Dark 30. Hate to see the black ice in the morning...careful everyone.

15. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
    Weren't you southerners the ones giving us yanks sh*t last week... like "I'm outside in my t-shirt putting up lights."
    Well guess what Y'ALL SUCK NOW!!! [​IMG]

16. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Guess I'll let ya'll razz us this time. The next time won't be for a few years though.

[This message has been edited by Ex CCS Racer (edited 01-02-2002).]

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

all this snow got me sent home early today. so i went back out to run some errands i needed to do. big pile up on the highway. i dont get that. you just gotta go straigh. how do you end up with 4-5 cars all smashed?

18. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I was supposed to start my new job tonight. Guess I'll start tomorrow.

19. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

They are all looking at the sky saying "What the %@$%, This just aint right, but its purty....." CRASH>>>>> [​IMG]

20. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

My kids and I had a snowball fight earlier. My youngest has never seen snow [​IMG]