1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Kendall, Jan 2, 2002.

1. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

There is no cause or reason... it just IS.
    Instead of sh*t hitting the fan, somebody shoveled snow into it.
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

[This message has been edited by Eric (edited 01-02-2002).]

2. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Damn southern weather weenies... [​IMG]
    We should have the Canadians come down tonight and kick your asses at ice racing...

3. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

Note: If you live in Atlanta, and you drive an SUV, and you can't drive in snow, THEN STAY THE F*%K OFF THE ROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, the highways are fine, they're mostly clear, and these idiots in suv's are gimping along at 20 miles an hour, running their flashers like we're under blizzard conditions, hogging every lane. If they'd stay home, the roads would be a lot safer. [​IMG]

I just drove to work, highways are great but a little snow-covered in some places, the larger secondary streets are fine, but the small two lane road I work on is already ice. Half the shift has already called in, so I might get to go home early! Woohoo!!!!

4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Relax dude, just tell yourself it will take a while. Slow's better than fast (which eventually turns into dead stop).

Up here in Ohio they get in the fire-breathing Excursion and go like hell... they just can't STOP 10,000 pound pig on slick roads, hence the 10-car rear-ending crash scenes that close the interstates.

5. PKS

Sorry, but there's no reason to go that slow when there's barely a cover of snow on the roads. They just see snow and they freak. If it were ice, I could understand, and if there was actually a measureable amount of snow on the road I could understand, but since neither of these conditions were present, it's just pure and simple over-reaction. These are the same people who will slam on their brakes on an overpass. They should have gone home when they saw the first snowflake.

6. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

We had at least 6 inches of snow on the ground last year for over 8 weeks straight. Wake up..everythings white! Go to bed...everythings white! day after day after day........ I know....waaaa!waaaa! waaa!
    As long as it's gone by April [​IMG]

7. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

ahh the good ol' days when it use to snow up here in chicago.. i miss them so.... [​IMG]

8. RacerGirl435

RacerGirl435 Guest

Riiiggghhhttt. What's your definition of "handle it" Brad? [​IMG]

Half the people that live up North came from down South. Thank goodness Don is one of the one's that CAN "handle". In fact, I think he enjoys it.

I remember the one time it snowed in Houston when I lived there. [​IMG] Talk about a clusterf***. And while I was in Tucson the temperature got below freezing and the humidity was up in the 90's which in turn made the roads freeze. That made the local news. [​IMG] I guess they've never heard of salt in Tucson.

The point is this...it doesn't matter how south you move anymore. With the global warming going on on this planet Barbados will probably get snow too. [​IMG]

Jess

9. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Whaaat? You mean you actually have southern transplants?!? Who in their right mind would want to leave the sunny south? Hell, Atlanta is practically all northern transplants, and they're the ones who "handle it" so well, doing 70 mph over an icy road. Works okay until you have to turn or stop, and then they cause the aforementioned 10-car pile-up highway closers. All the while muttering to themselves, "they need more snowplows down here. Southerners can't drive! Waaaaa!"

11. SVgoddess

SVgoddess Big Bad Love

Then we put the little kitty harness on Piston and took her out to see the snow for the first time. She took to it like the lurking page took to boobies. She was a happy kitten. [​IMG]

12. PKS

LOL, I'm one of them damn yankees, but I'm not one of the idiots doing 70.....saw plenty of them out there on the way to work though.

I've gotta say, it's been years since I actually saw them use a snowplow on one of the highways here.......usually they just salt and sand, but early this morning on 285 they were actually plowing.

13. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Yea I have to agree....I've traveled all over the Northern parts of this country and I have yet to meet a Southern transplant although I'm sure there are a few who left for work or women.....

....yea man moved up here a few years ago...just wanted to see what shoveling snow and long cold winters were like!

14. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I seem to remember seeing on Speedvision some southern weenies going up north and kicking some ass in a 24hr ice race......

15. RacerGirl435

RacerGirl435 Guest

<---- Is a Southern transplant. From Houston to Pittsburgh. That's aboot as far north as I want to go. [​IMG]

16. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Yeah but they were a bunch of Damm CherryPickers with a factory team at an amateur race and they just aboot lost.... [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by TSC_213 (edited 01-03-2002).]

17. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Details..details [​IMG]

18. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

When it snows, I like to take my '88 Mazda 929 out and play. Gotta love a soft suspensioned, rear-wheel drive, four door sedan. That thing is *the* donut king. I like to pretend I'm a world rally driver, spinning around, practicing real-wheel steering...... *sigh* If only I could do that on the bike.....

19. scuzzlebutt

scuzzlebutt Proffessional Twat

I beg to differ, "THE" donut king is my 00 S-10 bug truck. Lime green, 4.3 power, no weight in the bed, she'll spin'em for hours, and look good doing it too! [​IMG]

20. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Er...Beauty is in the eye of the beer, I mean, beholder...or something [​IMG]