1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side Jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by Trunxgp1224, Apr 30, 2019.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hard to suggest anything specific without knowing you. What's your professional and educational background? Day job? Major or minor skills?

If you can find a way to apply your skills in a way that will leverage the internet and scale, your returns will be far higher. Just for ideas, I suggest you check out freelancing sites, Fiverr etc. It will give you a rough idea what people are willing to pay for, and you might see that one of your skills is marketable.

I'd highly suggest you leverage your skills in whatever your major line of work is, even if it's tangentially related. Work in construction? Take up estimator jobs.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Im not familiar with anyone running a live ferment and then killing it off to arrest metabolism and improve stability (like they do to beer with pasturization). In addition to flavor, as mentioned, the bacteria in the live product are viewed as healthy in yer gut.

3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I help run the front gate at a local MX track. I get a little cash, a dirtybike to ride, races to watch, and all the track food-n-drink I can stomach.

I also write for a radio show. No pay, but I get to invade teams' hospitality tents in the paddock.

ToofPic and Metalhead like this.
  4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Haha good one.

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Take too long.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Evidently his pickle over-fermented or something.

7. dsapsis

Said enumerable business folks.
    Real pickles taste better. And it's not even close.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bit subjective, don't you think?

9. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I heard an ad for this yesterday and I'm very disappointed the beeb hasn't suggested sperm donor yet.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Silly man, can't you tell the difference between an opinion and a pronouncement?

GixxerBlade likes this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Just figured it was already a given.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Objectively? ;)

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Perspective?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Invective?

15. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I used to do car repairs on the side for people at work. Mostly brake jobs. Had them buy the parts and I did the work. Stopped after one guy started questioning the price on 2 jobs I did for him. Charged him $200 for front and rear brake jobs, total, which is a pretty good deal, he started with the sob story I have got 4 kids to feed, it only took me a couple hours to do the work, etc

16. dsapsis

Taste, in almost all cases, is.

Now, back to you railing on others impacting your health and safety. Shall we talk vaccines?
    look up the definition of “taste”. It might provide insight.

17. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Live in 3rd world countries and you don't need side jobs. Took 5 months off this year.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not the one making definitive pronouncements on the subjective. Perhaps a bit of introspection on your part would help you get past your superiority complex.

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Athletic Performance facility that works only with high school and college athletics, along with doing pre and off-season training camps for local teams.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Watching Shameless has dissuaded me from ever living in Chicago. :moon:

Phl218 likes this.