1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should Apple hack the phone?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by dtalbott, Feb 17, 2016.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hey, even 'they' are smarter and up to speed with electronics than most will give them credit for.

That reminds me, back in the early 90's, Nextel didn't have the ability to monitor (hint hint 'wire') their PTT frequency at one point....guess what was every street corner drug dealers cell phone of choice? :D Coincidental? I don't think so.....Word gets out fast.

2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

it won't unlock unless you make eye contact with the phone... This is on purpose... It also won't unlock using a photo of you

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So
    when the cops want you to unlock it, you just have to keep your eyes shut? o_O

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Well, we're seeing more and more ways that it will unlock that Apple says it shouldn't so just give it a little more time to fail.

5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

or even just avert your eyes... but yea, that's the idea... I haven't had my hands on one to see how well it actually works but they claim to have done some pretty extensive testing to avoid basically any situation where it will unlock without you wanting it to.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You could do something crazy, wild and unheard of and not use biometrics for security and just plug in your fancy schmancy six digit passcode...

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I want to use 8675309 though. :(

(I hope none of you ever get ahold of my phone... LOL)

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And the answer should still be no.

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I thought the FBI got into the last one. They seriously can’t get into this one? BS

11. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

They did, assuming we’re thinking of the same situation. They can get into them, it just takes a lot of work and a bit of luck. From the legal discovery that Apple performed last time, it seemed the Feds were/are deceptively trying to create a precedent of security override.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Security override?

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Apple doesn't want anyone pushing in on their mass spying ring.

MachineR1 likes this.