1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sepang, Malaysia | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I've read most posts but didn't see a simple question asked / answered. Did MM run into or lean on VR in a prior corner / lap? I thought there was at least one pass that looked like a bump pass as the camera was cutting from one shot to the next.

And for the record, I know I have taken non standard lines and even slowed on corner entry when I have had someone right on my butt. Done at the right time and place, you can safely create some space so long as the other racer follows the golden rule that it is the passers responsibility not to hit the other rider. When someone is on your outside, you get to decide when to turn in, not them. If you do an extra move out before you cut in, then that is totally uncool, but if you have the inside, they have to follow your lead or else slow down more and cut to the inside.

I think if VR had justified his move a little differently and said he was trying to gain an advantage in a safer way rather than hauling up on the inside and bumping his through like MM, then the initial ruling might have been different.

Finally, where do I pick up my Uccio card?

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Hahaha Nothing more, nothing less. Wankers winging about refs decisions, yet it was bad refs decisions that allowed them to be there in the first place! SCOTLAND even kicked there ass if you correct the run away refs cock up's in that game.

4. Filterboy

Filterboy Well-Known Member

And?

5. Filterboy

What is the relevance to the thread? Lol

Wow!

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Kinda like people complaining about decisions made by Race Direction in Malaysia? :Poke::D

7. charles

charles The Transporter

I want the truth!!!

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Nice day to type some crap about it though:crackup:

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

They've already started a race since that happened.

Only motorcycles races can be brought up more than a week old:Poke:

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

What happens in other sports when teams are fighting for a playoff spot and a out-of-contention team plays spoiler? Should the team out of the playoffs just not show up for the game? or are racers an exception to winning on their own?

11. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

They should consult the unwritten rule book!

12. mcskeeto

mcskeeto Well-Known Member

One thing I don't understand is that if Marquez is allowed to pass and then intentionally slow down and not be in violation of the rules, then isn't Rossi allowed to do the same? He was in the lead and on the inside of the corner. Isn't he allowed to decide when to turn in and go as slow as he wants around the corner? As the many camera angles seem to show, he did not cause Marquez to crash by bumping him or by kicking his brake pedal as Marquez claimed. As I see it, Marquez could have slowed further to match Rossi's speed, go wide to the edge of the track or off the track, or slow more and try to go up the inside.
    Again, I think that the argument used to judge that Marquez was not breaking the rules should be applied in the same way to Rossi. I guess the counter argument could be that Rossi looked over at him twice which certainly isn't the standard way of going through a corner although doesn't really break the letter of the law just as Marquez's actions don't break the letter of the law. If Rossi had bumped him and caused him to crash, I guess the penalty would be more understandable, but that clearly is not what happened. I also think the rules seem to not be applied consistently. When Marquez came flying up the inside at Assen and bumped Rossi off line, isn't that an instance of dangerous riding? Rossi did not crash, but that shouldn't be the measure of the move being a dangerous one. If Rossi had crashed at Assen, would it then have been a dangerous move? It is hard to make sense of the whole thing given the judgements made at other races this season.

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

MM and VR made contact with each other before MM fell down. for sure. And one would have to say it was MM that bumped VR at that time, since VR was just ahead of MM at that time too.
    And totally agree. MM is the one that turned in on VR, bumped his head on his leg, and fell. The fact that VR was somehow afoul of the rules is just silly in my opinion.

yes.. to all.

14. caferace

caferace No.

[​IMG]

Just sayin' ...

-jim

15. charles

charles The Transporter

The rules are obviously interpreted differently at different times by different people to suit different purposes.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This is what I live by when I fight with the ol lady. I'm always right.:D

17. Filterboy

Damn unwritten rules!!

I'll take your word for it, you are from Indy and there is a lot of racing going on there. :)

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It's happened a few times. Never on here though and certainly never by you.

19. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

What are ya trying to say

20. What are you sayin? That looks like it's most likely the cool down lap of a race or practice.