1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sell me a Buick TourX

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Nov 22, 2019.

1. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Subaru Outback.

50Joe likes this.
  2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I’ve had an XC60 for about 3 years now. I did a bunch of research on it before I bought it and didn’t find anything to be worried about on the reliability front. I’ve never worked on mine. I’ve got to think the V60 is similar. I don’t think it is the infotainment system as much as the nav function. It is completely useless. I’m really happy with the purchase but it puts you solidly in “dad-car” territory.

Montoya and 50Joe like this.
  3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I hear ya. Dealing with my injury some things come down to simply making my life easier versus looking cool, etc.

SteveThompson likes this.
  5. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Buick Roadmonster :D

[​IMG]

Sabre699, 418, 50Joe and 1 other person like this.
  6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If I were in the market for a new car the TourX would be high on the list. The best "hookup" you're likely to find is whatever dealer has some on the lot....they want them gone. I'm sure autotrader and Carfax will have some listings.

50Joe likes this.
  7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

The new buick wagon looks awesome. Gm's are pretty well made these days, especially compared to a BMW.

50Joe likes this.
  8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Found
    Found one dealer willing to discount $11,500 off sticker and that's for the highest trim level (Essence). That's a crazy 30% off sticker price! They are 2 hrs away but worth the drive. I'll check with my local dealer to see if they will price match saving me the drive time.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

They are a good looking car for sure. They came out when I was hauling cars and when I had seen them sitting at the port I couldn't figure out for the life of me what they were. Was shocked to see it was a Buick.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I had to go look it up as I have never seen one either. Not a bad looking ride. Shit I'm old.

Stumpy and 50Joe like this.
  11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Made in Germany. It's basically an Opel.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's the only part that is slightly concerning. Even though I own a German car, my gut tells me they are less reliable vs the Ford Flex you also considered. I actually hadn't heard of this Buick before.

50Joe likes this.
  13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

First I have heard of them was this thread. Not sold in Canada though.

50Joe likes this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My son is a fan of station wagons and really fell in love with the Buick. I did a fair amount of research on it and the only place that I saw it falls short is if you actually want to do some off roading in it, which is what he kind of wanted to do. Everything else checked the boxes of a classic American station wagon. I think they look pretty good.

Phl218 and 50Joe like this.
  15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Same thing I found out in my research too. No off roading for me though. Odd thing is it only comes in AWD. I'm cool with that but living in SC I don't really need it. I really like my Mazda6 and Mazda makes a Mazda6 wagon but they don't bring it into the States like so many others. Everyone wants SUV's and wagon sales suffer.

Phl218 and rd400racer like this.
  16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i swore there was one of these at the auto show with Brembos on it and shit, but i can't seem to find anything. me and my brother both stopped to admire it. i also thought it was like $50k and i see the Essence is like $35k, so i dunno maybe i was hallucinating. i can't get over the fact that i associate owning a Buick with my grandpa, or substitute any upper midwest old white person with pants pulled over their belly button... but it is a nice looking car and i love wagons.

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've got one dealer down to $28,082 total out the door on the highest trim package (Essence - $38,985 list price). But, it's white in color and 170 miles away. I'm working on my local dealer for a silver one with the same trim package. If he can get fairly close, I'll go local.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I had to google some pics, I like it in red.

50Joe and ducnut like this.
  19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i was confusing it with the Sportback Grand Sport, but still nice...

[​IMG]

50Joe likes this.
  20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’d definitely rock one in red. The other color options make it look like any other car.