1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sell me a Buick TourX

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Nov 22, 2019.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

NTTAWWT :rolleyes:

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Don't mean a thing. R-B showing his ass and lack of class.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It’s the beeb and RB is only doing his job. What that is I’m not exactly sure. :beer:

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

A Subaru Outback might be another option in reasonably priced wagons. It really isn't a SUV.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

That's on the list but definitely sits higher than the TourX. I.need to test transferring into one from my chair.

6. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Saw that Buick in traffic the other day, pretty good looking wagon. Hopefully you can line several models up and try out the chair and the bike. Agreed there's not enough wagons in this country, I dig em.

50Joe and RRP like this.
  7. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

What are the problems with the V60? I briefly looked into them awhile back, outside of the infotainment screen (common complaint across the brand), the mechanical reliability seemed great. Granted, when the screens go bad, the car can’t run.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Lincoln MKT, the wife has one!

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

50Joe likes this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Elon Musk has a pickup you could try.

Just avoid hailstorms.

tl1098 likes this.
  11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ya need a modern version of these wagons...

[​IMG]

50Joe likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Just get an old Mercedes e320 wagon (w124). more space than you will ever need and they are built like tanks

50Joe likes this.
  13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Triggered much? After you find your dream car, a Walmart shopping trip for looser panties is order.

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Not triggered at all. It's just an asshole comment to make. If you can't add value, scroll on past. Your comment falls into the same category.

ducnut likes this.
  15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The MKT kinda falls into the Outback category. Not full blown SUV but not sedan level height either. It really does get exhausting when I have to do multiple transfers in and out of the vehicle daily. Each time requires a partial disassembly or reassembly of the wheelchair to fit it into the vehicle. No way I want a van with a ramp to roll into the vehicle either. No desire to drive a big van daily and those ramps are always breaking, etc.

I rented a Chevy Equinox for my travels to the NYC Marathon first weekend in Nov. It was a bitch fitting my handcycle in that vehicle and the height of it was a real PITA. It was raining pretty good when I got to the hotel my first night traveling. No overhang to unload. I was soaking wet just getting my chair out, assembled and into it. That experience convinced me SUV's are no bueno.

16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

No joking around, or tom foolery in Joe’s threads...got it.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

50Joe likes this.
  18. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

IS300 sportcross wagon. Had one of the sedans several years ago, it was the most reliable car I've ever owned. From 25k to 280k miles it needed one o2 sensor replaced beyond the normal wear items.

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I do like that vehicle and rear wheel drive is nice. It also looks too short inside though. The TourX is 81" cargo length with the seats folded down. My handcycle is 77" and that's with the rear wheels and drafting bar removed which is a very easy task to do when loading up or unloading the bike.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019