1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Harwood is a douche

Discussion in 'General' started by gpstar748, Jun 21, 2010.

1. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

they sure as fuck do! welcome to the world of hatin', brandon!

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I already regret clicking this one.:D

3. If bashing other riders doesn't work, you can always try being pushy. :rolleyes:

Scott, im sure you will read this thread at some point and i just want to be one of the first ones to say that you are one of the biggest fucking douche's to ever walk in a paddock. :down: Bullshit like you have said is unacceptable and with that attitude, you are a disgrace to motorcycle racers. The sad part is that im sure we have only seen 1% of the bashing you have done.

I haven't been racing long. But the one prevailing theme that has stood out from the first day i set foot in a paddock is that racers compete on the track and are like a big family off of it.

If you don't get accepted into the TT, send them results and send them references to contact who will speak on your behalf. Hell, send them some pictures of you cornering low in a box with a set of tires with all the chicken strips removed. It doesnt make a shit how you promote yourself, but you have no right to diminish the efforts of other riders in the process.

I don't know you, but i can say with a fair bit of certainty that i hope i never do.

4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

You know what, what scott said may not be politically correct, what he said is the truth, he didn't lie about brandon he was simply comparing thier resume's and the fact is he is a far better motorcycle racer. He is apretty good guy also, although many of you that have never met him have labled him a douche. Anyway you look at it, its a motorcycle race and denying fast riders entry while accepting less skilled ones is bullshit.

5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Two sides to every story. So far I'm not at all favorably impressed with Harwood's actions but I'm hoping he finds this thread and ventures forth to present his side. Until then this thread is just a drum roll.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Whatever man, thats one thing that I hate the most... from people and vendors alike.

If you cant stand on your own to promote yourself (or product) dont resort to bashing the competition. It makes you look weak, childish and its not something any real man would do.

If his self promotion didnt work to get him to the TT he should try a different route next year... obviously this method didnt work, and he probably left a bad taste in the orgs mouth with that letter full of jealousy.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The words he used in the letter and the subsequent one Brandon posted make him a douche. If his results are better then list them - feeling the need to bring up someone elses results is what makes him a douche.

I've met Scott and he has always been nice in person but with regard to this subject he's being a douche.

8. "Not politically correct" :rolleyes:

If he would have said Brandon shouldnt be accepted because he is too short, or because he is too old or because he is white....that would have been politically incorrect.

Diminishing his efforts and saying he is an inferior rider is being a douche.

There is a difference between being a douche and being politically incorrect. Why some things may be factually true, that doesn't mean they should be said...especially to the directors of a racing organization/selection committee and other news sources around the country.

There is no denying Scott's level of doucheness in the way he has handled this situation.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, I may not always agree with things our competitors do but I'm not going to talk bad about them, their business, their choices. It does nothing for me to bring them up except make me look like a douche. Even when other people bring it up I won't go there, it's just not a good thing to do.

10. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

Congrats Brandon!

It was really cool you took time to update and let everyone know how it was going and include us in your ride.

Wow.. Scott has taken things to a level thats insane, talk about burning bridges. Sad that a person becomes so filled with self worth that they can only look better by making others around them look worse.:tut:

J

11. Im sure somebody hacked Scott's email and made those statements to frame him......

...because Scott is a stand up guy.

First. :D

12. :stupid:

13. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Fuck that. Don't take the high road.

Hate is something to be nurtured and grown. You need to come up with the most underhanded shit possible to make this part of his life miserable.

It's exhausting, but worth it.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If it was the truth, then so be it. I could care less. But to carry on the way he has is lame.

Not going to judge Harwood or call him a Douchelord (thanks for that one Paige) but I would advise him to look at how he's acting and think about how it's going to affect his relationship with the sponsors and the other racers.

But then again, I don't care.

16. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

There's something to be said for being the bigger person, and letting your good fortune serve justice to guys like this. We all already knew he was douche for his comments.

Just sayin'

17. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Brendon, I have only a small bit of insight on how much work you put into the TT, not just with your riding but with sponsorship and other behind-the-scenes work, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that you deserved to be there. Don't let a no-name tool who tries to climb to the top by pushing others down get under your skin. If he should have been there, he would have been there. You made it, and that's all that matters.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

What does the selection committee look for when looking at the big pile of applications and mark each one 'yes' or 'no'? I would guess that they're going to look for someone who has a blend of experience, the ability to put a program together, and someone who will be a positive promotor of the TT. Brandon took all the right steps. He went to the TT last year to help out and start his self promotion. He then applied for, and successfully competed in, the Ulster GP. Again, he put himself out there to make a name for himself and show the organizers that he was committed.
    It's not always about the results. Did he set the world on fire? No. Did he do something many of us would never dream as possible? Damn right he did. Did he qualify within the parameters set so that he wouldn't have to wear the special overwear. Damn right he did. Did he promote the TT in a positive manner? Damn right he did.
    Brandon, you did a great job at the TT. You got there because you showed the drive and determination to do whatever it took to get there. You didn't sit back and say 'look how great I am - you are crazy to not let me compete at your event'. You have given the organizers reason to welcome you back with open arms.
    Unfortunately for Scott Harwood, I think he has given the organizers every reason to not welcome him to the event.

19. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Lets compare photos, then you decide:

Cretu:
    [​IMG]

Harwood:
    [​IMG]