1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Motorhomes

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Apr 17, 2014.

1. That is a good point. It does look nice, but it is 7 years old and that kind of stuff might be showing some wear.

So basically i just need to find one like that, except that is new (or 1-2 years old).

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Wow, Just looked at the ad. Only 55,000miles Is not even broke in. The detroit 60 series and allison combo in that is a very soild platform. You cant beat that 60series probley the best engine you could get in one. We see them in here ever day with a million plus and never been overhauled.

3. So now we are back to me needing that one? :D

4. How fast do they go?

5. assjuice cyrus

6. assjuice cyrus

If theres no speed limter in the ecm ( which you can disable if there is) They will do 90 mph no problem :D

7. But if they are better, and I keep it longer, then it could ultimately prove to be less expensive than a regular motorhome, right?

At least that sounds like a good enough excuse to get one that looks more badass like a big truck. :D

8. Oh yeah, im going to hurt some feelings in that thing. :rock:

:D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My RV pulling a bigger trailer basically. Did you ever see our trailer?

My total length was 73' with our setup and no issues anywhere. There was a rumor about FL going after the NHRA rigs but never heard anything more about it. Don't get too stupid on size and they'll ignore you.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haulmark has a great site with floorplans and color options - http://www.haulmarkmotorcoach.com/

You can get any length you want on either one. Our trailer was 24' floor, 6' tongue, 9' interior height so about 11.5' exterior height. 50amp power into the trailer plugs right into the 50 amp out on the rig (another really nice thing about the Super C's - they're set up for racing primarily).

11. assjuice cyrus

This is correct it will out last those flat nose motor homes by years. I just went out in the shop cause we just had a pusher in here, I was gonna take a pic of under neth. There is spray foam sprayed in the conners and wiring just hanging under it and its brand new.

12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

My head is spinning at the budgets being tossed around in this thread.....some of you guys have some epic rigs.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah - no dishwasher. Waste of money and water and gray tank space.

All of the nicer stuff will have everything else you'd want or need. I'd do a basement cooler/freezer too. Only thing I don't have I kind of want is a grill in the basement that slides out :D

14. Thanks that site is A LOT better for checking these out.

That sounds like bigger than what I need. If I could get your truck, plus your trailer except only 16' long, that would be the ticket.

I hadn't thought about that, but I like the idea of that power setup and the purpose built trailer. I also like the height. Nothing aggravates me more than having to duck and/or hitting my head on shit.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ours was ~200k. More than we paid for the house :eek:

However for us doing this for a living, the savings in hotel rooms and dog boarding and all of the other expenses just taking a truck and trailer would incur we actually saved thousands the first few years. With diesel prices being up lately and us doing less races to save money we're not making money on it comparatively but we're still spending no more than we would with another setup.

Also Chris - one truly nice thing about the Super C's, especially with a Freightliner cab, is any truck stop anywhere can work on them. If you keep it long enough the more major rebuilds can all be done anywhere and way cheaper than if they have to drop the engine out of a pusher.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly I wouldn't go less than a 20' dual axle trailer. The 24' was fantastic but we used it for registration so needed the length even not hauling a lot. One thing we did haul was the Jeep - you'll need to remember to bring something to run to town on since you won't have the truck. Street bike obviously works fine. The Harley was good since we could get groceries easily with the bags.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looking at the Haulmark site they've changed their measurement setup which is good. Ours is a 33' but that's the floor of the box, now they're adding in the cab length which is 10' giving you the total length. Easier to compare stuff. So ours is 43' to give you an idea compared to the ones on the site.

18. I only said dishwasher because Lora ends up having to wash dishes 3x a day. We normally have 5-6 people in there eating lunch, usually more eating supper and then the people that come get coffee all the time. It would be so much easier if we could load them in a dishwasher and be done with it.

I like how those have a 175gal fresh water tank. I like the floor plan too.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Paper plates and plastic utensils.

20. Didn't think about that. Not to mention we have always wanted to be able to have a side-x-side as a pit vehicle, but never had room in the trailer to bring one. And i could always throw the Multi in there. :D

I reckon it is like we always say, get more trailer/garage than you need, because you will wish you had it at some point.