1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

that could mean some type of FDA approval...that would be interesting how that pans out.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

For sure

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Ya know there's other markets for weed besides CA and USA right?

4. Tristan

I had $150 in the couch cushions so I put in an order to buy 3 @ $50 last night. That's some jumpy shit... caught it on the down swing and got them for $43.10

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

for the CA based ones, then why haven't they done it already? I know Tilray/APHA is supposed to, but they don't look so hot after the Pump and Dump

6. Tristan

Read more and knee-jerk react less...

(APHA) ... " It also manufactures and distributes bottled, canned and draft craft beers. The Company has operations in Canada, Germany, Italy, Malta, Colombia and Argentina."

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was just asking, but you take things very personal. Are you Warren Buffet and got all the answers?

Not just quoting their blurb....it is a very, very small part of their business, if you read their financials (at least the latest on their website)

upload_2021-2-23_11-37-3.png

8. Tristan

Not taking anything personally

I'm no Warren Buffet...not even Jimmy Buffet. More of a Hometown Buffet.

jrsamples likes this.
  9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You'll want to vacuum seal it and keep it in the freezer for best long term storage.

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

This is the best advice in this thread

Phl218, jrsamples and SuddenBraking like this.
  11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

At this point I’m either riding that thing into the ground or climbing with it. I’m down 50% on 1k investment. I already forgot about that money. I’m chalking it up to a learning cost. If it comes back great, if it doesn’t, it’s my reminder to do my own research before jumping in.

It doesn’t help that I got into the market at what seems to be the worst time.

Every single stock I look at a year ago to now has climbed hard last few months.

BigBird likes this.
  12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Really? Disney royal caribbean and Wynn resorts up again today.... Seeing a pattern yet?

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

AMC...theaters to re-open in NYC

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

People only talking about their winners? :D

Banditracer and Wheel Bearing like this.
  15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I think I've said it in this thread before, but Bernie Madoff went to prison trying to get people a 10% annual return. Everyone is looking for these huge victories that aren't really possible other than gambling.

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Not only that, but people may give info on a stock to buy into on here, but they may have different exit strategy then you. Have a plan on a stock. Alot of the stocks I mention on here arent long term. Thats why its beneficial to have your own plan. Also expect red days, maybe weeks. The market has been climbing for 4 months. Economy is booming in some sectors. It was bound for a correction. Still a good time to be in the market, but you should always plan on buying in a red days.

I am not planning on selling anything in the next couple days so I am trying to not even look at the market for a day (its hard though!).

BigBird and RRP like this.
  17. notbostrom

Well Roku was down today but I bought it at 98.....

18. notbostrom

This type of strategy never ends well. You can play the same game with companies that aren't at risk of disappearing next week

BigBird likes this.
  19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Speak for yourself. That is why I state have a game plan that you can manage. I get it. You like putting lots of money into a low risk stock that will have some returns. Everyone invests differently.

Everyone has a different plan.

BigBird likes this.
  20. notbostrom

Don't get me wrong if it works for you over time and it's scalable to use with significant dollars you are the exception to the rule