1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Bitcoin circa 2010.

BigBird likes this.
  2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'm still holding 1750 DOGE, have about $400 profits right now... :D

My avg is 8.3 cents so I can afford to hold.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea but 20% on a million is a nice bit of work!!

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Ya because we are all millionaires on the beeb :)

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

A million ain't what it used to be.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Troof.

BigBird likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

If we really wanted to, each one of us could have funded the VR46 team :D

9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

2 nights ago a casual friend messages me that he's buying a new Yamaha MT09-SP because "free money".

I asked "you mean 0% financing from Yamaha?"

Nope, free money - Doge.

I'm perplexed... "Huh?"

"For a joke I bought a very small amount of this crypto at like $0.03 a while back and just sold it for around $0.40 - made $50,000 so I pulled out $20K to buy a new bike and pay for some mods, gonna let the other $30k ride and see what happens..."

Jesus Mary and Joseph, I could never "for a joke" throw a few grand at a gag investment but kudos to him - he's laughing all the way to the Yamaha Dealership.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You gonna try to tell me this isn't your house?

motion likes this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

No doubt! I have to think he's had his share of HCMC and SFOR type stinkers too

12. thrak410

Nice! What is that like $3,750 initial investment? Yeah that'd be a bit much for me to throw at it too LOL

13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Yeah if that's what the math says then I'd say it sounds about right. And I believe we're talking all within a couple months of his investment, maybe a tad longer but the impression I got was it was a super fast, super large ROI.

Guess my crystal ball was in the shop for maintenance on that one... :(

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, here's my strategy for day trading. I find something that I think might do well in the short term. I only invest what I think I can lose without jumping out a window (ie about 5 grand). When I make 2% I sell. I don't get greedy. I don't try to guess what will happen in the next week or month. I've had 7 wins and one loss using this strategy. In the last year I've averaged about 4 %. PS...this is how I justify my tire budget.:flag:

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If I had any money, that would be MY house.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. thrak410

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

@motion Wow, I wish I could buy that as a partner with you.

Unfortunately, you’d probably fill up your side of the 50 garage and try to start in on my half, just like you did in my Mission Viejo Garage.

As long as you kept the filthy Royal Enfields, KLR650s with a doohickey, Slingshits, and Africa Twins on your half of the garage, I may allow some non leaking 2 Stokes or other cool race bikes onto my side.

Now maybe we we can get @HPPT to join us, since there are 3 houses? I know @motion will push for the primary house, he is snobby like that. :). So @motion has to pay the most.

I mean he said there is only one place in all of California he would live in, and it is about 1 square mile of snobbery with houses that probably start at 12 million. I can’t even drive my wife’s nice Mercedes through that area without feeling like a loser, because it is only a 6 cylinder C43 AMG, Lolol.

I’m ok woth the servants house or the guess house. @HPPT I would imagine with some consideration you may be able to move out of France and stomach either the servants house or guest house as well. I guess we will make our investment sized appropriately with which ever house we end up in.

Fu.k if there is enough bandwidth out there, we could probably let @Davek join us too.

There are probably at least 2o other clowns on here we could bring into Beebsville, but with that many loudmouths, we may have to get Elon Musk to setup a starlink satellite for Beebsville

@Mongo and @Czar could join us, but it is a long drive to any Wera tracks and since they already run WERA and the beeb, do they have time for Beebsville?

@Gorilla George could get us unlimited fossil fuel, but I did notice there are Tesla chargers on the property. That might wig him out and start using his unlimited stash of weaponry. We could throw away the Tesla chargers and put him in charge of fortifying the perimeter and training the rest of us pussies “on how to win at everything, even when the other person has no idea you are trying to kick their ass”.

We have @Razr that enjoys building things and I’m sure could beautify the property. @beac83 knows communications and electronics and seems to be much easier to get along with versus the other electrical guy @pickled egg Lolol

We have @ChemGuy for whatever crap he sells, and seems to know a lot about a lot of stuff. @Venom51 can fire up his CNC machinery and make shit for us as can a few others like @Dan Dubeau, but if he and @Mongo show up together might people get confused?

@auminer will have one of his staff keep the place clean. @BigBird will take care of everyone’s minivan and VW hop up needs.

@Canadian Bacon can make some cool carbon fiber stuff plus he is connected in the automotive and racing world. As long as he doesn’t start talking about electric cars @Gorilla George should be okay with him. :)

@Britt could take care of our welding needs but I hear he is so busy we could probably never get him to leave his chicken farm.

I’m running out of “middle of the night I can’t go to sleep steam.

@hairgel Rocky could help @motion and the rest of us tune our 2 smokes

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    beac83, ChemGuy, motion and 2 others like this.
  18. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

That...........is a pretty comprehensive list.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:beer:

I like it!

The BBS SHTF scenario. :crackup:

@Captain Morgan can come too... I hear he knows how to cook. He better leave my damn Old Forester alone, though! :D

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Hey, I know how to fix broken motorcycles, I'd like to be invited. :Poke: :D

BigBird likes this.