1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You're supposed to tell us BEFORE the pop :p :D

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you looked today? :D

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am still not smart enough for this game.

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

no one is....it's basically gambling, and finding someone who believes more than you.

Discovery is up 33% today +$18....all this stock stuff is just BS now. big drops, and big swings...HF makes money on the puts and on the calls. who's better than them to manipulate the market

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Hawk518 likes this.
  5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Big Fish eat small fish!

BigBird likes this.
  6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Hard to make a lotta money without some volatility.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's true...especially if you cause the volatility on purpose :D

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Ironically that very realization indicates greater intelligence than the majority of those who play.

beac83, sdiver, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Nice little pop on VPER this morning. Hoping to get out of it later today and break even :)

BigBird likes this.
  10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

In today's market, yes.
    Originally, share price was based on the projected dividend, which was based on company profit.

Today; 2+2 = Fish, so the stock is way up; or down.

badmoon692008, BigBird and Rebel635 like this.
  11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hahahaha

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

"The pastrami must be really good"

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, what's a doge? Can you eat it?

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Nope but you can mine it :D

17. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I am in shock with Doge. Still debating to finally get in. Fricken meme is soaring.

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

bro haha... c'mon. you wanna bet on pushing your luck against an already 20,000%? even if it gets to $.69 for the memes, at this point that's not even doubling your money. its not gonna quadruple again. meanwhile it it drops 10 cents again like its done twice this week already from 40 before going back, you're out 25%. Mathematically its a bad play at this point. we all shoulda got in last Spring and retired now. such is life.

19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I know I know... I was watching forever those fools as it was stagnet at .05 forever. Then BANG! WTF. I know for sure if I buy now it will tank. Following my rule and staying away from the memes.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

it sat at .002 forever, even before that and the movement in the 2nd half of last year. in general i think crypto is pretty damn dumb, but at least some have technologies that may have other applications, OR... some that are better than bitcoin as far as time/energy to verify, trade costs, etc...

this shit was literally a joke. and its cool if you got in and made some money and get your money out right now so you're not the one left holding the bag, but its literally garbage, amongst a sea of what was already garbage.